𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @Pandamatic0075

Title: Godzilla

Running. Running faster and faster. Sprinting. Going as fast as I could, trying to get away from those who followed, jeering and whooping as they slowly gained on me. I mentally high-fived myself for doing track because my teacher told me I would've benefited from it.

He didn't know when he said "benefit" it meant being able to run from bullies that would chase me for blocks on end. Good thing I had also done cross-country.

My thoughts were suddenly cut off by me making a stupid decision; running into an alleyway. Before I could turn around, I heard excited shouts and footsteps coming from behind me. Frantically looking around, I realized there were only two choices to my predicament.

Get beat up again, or escape into the sewers. Deciding that I would rather be stuck smelling like garbage than get cornered by the four teens, I bent down and quietly began lifting the manhole cover to the stinky salvation that lay below me. 

++++++++++

Donnie was upset. He was so upset he couldn't breathe. Okay, that's a lie, but it felt like the truth. Truth is, he was tired. Not sleep-wise- though, he couldn't remember the last time he'd actually gotten a good night's rest that lasted more than an hour- but more of the annoyed, tired.

He was tired of his brothers teasing him about everything. He was tired of Leo and Raph making fun of how they were stronger than him; mentioning that even Mikey would be better that him if he took training seriously. Mikey just made fun of his inventions and smarts, coming up with stupid names for pieces of work that had taken him weeks, even months, to map out, build, and fix.

Then, there was them never knowing what Donnie was talking about. He'd be explaining something important to them and they'd look at him as if he were the stupid one. He didn't get it.

"Maybe I do just need some sleep," he rubbed his eyes and kicked a discarded can away from his path as he continued walking down the sewer, avoiding puddles and rats.He enjoyed the silence for a few more minutes, not wanting to return back to his lonely lab.

"Wait!" Donnie froze at the scream that echoed through the dark sewers, scaring the rats away from the area. There was silence again a few seconds later, as if the yell had been his imagination.

But, it wasn't.

With a deep breath, Donnie set out quietly, trying to pinpoint where the scream had come from. The person sounded like a girl; the yell having the slight ring that it did when a female had ensured it, and she sounded terrified. Like, she was running from something horrible and it had finally caught up to her. But what?

Donnie flinched as an unexpected smack sounded through the area, laughing from a few people then echoing around his ears. It reminded Donnie of horror movies; the darkness, laughter coming from nowhere, and him trying to stay quiet.

Then, he heard what sounded like a whisper, the sound carrying over to where he was standing, frozen. As soon as the sound reached his ears, he immediately started sprinting to where he'd thought the voice had called from. He got turned around a few times, but eventually found his way over to where taunting and giggling could be heard with sounds of tears playing under them. Peeking around the corner, he saw a group of people, two boys and two girls, all standing around another girl as she sat on the ground, one hand holding her up and the other wiping her eyes.

With a short "ha!", the boy closest to her shoved the girl to the ground, her elbow scraping the ground as she grunted in pain. Everyone around her laughed. Donnie, pulling his head back to think, glanced around for something to spark an idea within him. He only had a flashlight on him, so, tossing aside his pride and the thought that Master Splinter and Leo would have his head later, he turned the corner and screamed, holding the flashlight under his face to illuminate only the truly gruesome features.

Everyone froze for a split second. Everyone, including the girl on the floor, turned to peer up at him, faces filling with pure horror. Donnie, ignoring this as it put a slight pang in his chest, pulled himself up to his full height and lowered the flashlight to show that he wasn't wearing a mask. At the sight of his pale chest plastron and green neck, the bullies turned and booked it down the sewers, not looking back, even as the grounded girl began to scream, scooting backwards. Donnie, suddenly breaking out of his reverie, dropped the flashlight and rushed over to her side, trying frantically to calm her, as well as himself.

He had just revealed himself. To a bunch of teenagers. To save a girl. What was he going to tell Master Splinter?

"Please tell me that you actually are wearing a mask and bodysuit because if I'm looking at Godzilla or something, I'm going to lose my mind," the girl said, breathing heavily as she sat up, trying to avoid touching Donnie. Her words made him laugh slightly as he then faltered.

"Uh, yeah. Wait, no. I'm not wearing a bodysuit. B-but I'm not Godzilla either! I'm a turtle. A mutated turtle. And-" the girl cut Donnie off with a snort, reaching forward with a small hand; a silent way of asking him for help up.

"Woah, dude. Chill. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't talking to Godzilla's child. Don't panic, please," Donnie, with a deep breath, carefully stood up and tried to pull the girl up as slowly as he could, listening to see if she would mention any pain. She did nothing, testing her ankles and arms to make sure they were okay. "Well, I guess I'm good then, Godzilla. Think you could help me out of here?" Donnie, with a quick nod of excitement, held out his arm and began leading the way down the sewer tunnel, muttering to himself.

"So, what's your name?" he finally mustered up the courage to ask, turning his head to look down at her. She hummed for a second before repeating the question, a teasing note in her voice. Donnie laughed but his breath caught as he tripped over a step-off and pitched forward, tugging the girl with him.

She screamed in fear, holding Donnie tighter as the ground got closer and closer to her head. At the last moment, she was jerked to the side and landed on something also hard, banging her face on something soft. Lifting her head, she realized she'd fallen onto Donnie and had hit her face on his. He was already looking at her when she glanced up, smiling sightly.

"I'm (y/n)," she said, resting her head on his chest as she tilted her head. Donnie leaned his head up to look at her as he grinned, a noticeable gap in his two front teeth.

"Donnie," he breathed as she scooted forward, smiling. Then, in the middle of the dark sewers, surrounded by rats and darkness, they kissed. 

++++++++++

i deleted the bonus cuz that never went anywhere lmao