Tiger Claw x Single Mom reader

Requested by @Bestfg14

Title: Tiggy

Key: (b/n)= baby's name

Note: i know imma get at least one comment correcting me so imma say this now ik his name is tigger but since the baby is 2 they can't say "r" so it's tiggy. that and come one tiger claw as tiggy? u can't say no to that.

"What on green Earth is that?" I put a hand over my mouth and tried to keeep from giggling at the wide-eyed stare Tiger Claw was giving my baby. He was standing over a foot taller than me, but looking ridiculously tiny as he stared down at the tiny human in the crib below him, sleeping happily.

"That's (b/n). Aren't they cute?" His head slowly turned to look at me as he pointed a finger down at it, still halfway bent over the two year old.

"No. Why would I think that thing is cute? It is obviously hideous." I gasped and snapped my head over to Tiger Claw, who had the right idea to look a little ashamed at his words.

"Thank you for calling my baby ugly they really look just like me, don't they? Anyways, do you mind babysitting for a few hours? I have to go to work in a few and everyone else is busy." Tiger Claw scoffed and turned back towards me as he sat on the couch and rested one of his ankles sideways on his knee, leaning forward.

"No. I am a hunter- a dangerous creature! I am not to be babysitting and looking after a tiny hairless human." I sighed and raised my eyebrows, biting my lip. Then, I got an idea. But, if it didn't work, I wouldn't be going anywhere but to park my butt on the couch to wait for my baby to wake up.

"Oh, okay. Well, when you leave could you maybe send Baxter Stockman over here?" Tiger Claw froze from where he was halfway standing to turn around and stare at me with narrowed eyes.

"For what?" He demanded quietly, finishing standing up to his full height to tower over me and cross his arms. I knew he was trying to intimidate me, but I didn't care. I knew he'd never actually hurt me.

"Oh, so Baxter can babysit for me. He loves (b/n) and they love him. That, and every time he comes over, he always brings flowers with him for some reason. Hm, probably nothing." What I was saying was true, Baxter did always come over and he did love my child, but I lied about the flowers. He only occasionally brought flowers when he knew the flowers he had brought before were dying- but Tiger Claw didn't need to know that.

"On second thought, Baxter is busy today. I am the only one free." And with that, he plopped back down on the couch and proceeded to stare at me. When I didn't move, he lifted a hand and did a "go" motion with his hand, waving me away as he turned to my baby instead.

I hoped I wasn't going to regret this.

Tiger Claw stared at the child and immediately regretted saying no to (y/n)'s obvious reverse psychology. He just wanted to prove that he was the best not some Baxter whatever his name was. Obviously if he couldn't remember it, then he wasn't important. What was important was proving to (y/n) and her...baby that he was the best. He was the best at shooting, aiming, fighting, drinking milk, having no tail, dressing, and- where was the baby?

Snapping his head over to the crib, where the baby had been laying before, he now noticed that it was empty. Uttering a curse under his breath, he began slowly treading around, being sure to look where he was stepping so he didn't accidentally hurt the child. Tiger Claw was a large animal, so even just stepping on a leg would probably break or fracture it.

"Tiggy!" Tiger Claw snapped up and turned around to see the child sitting on the floor, a movie in hand. He immediately made his way over to them, making sure to sit on the floor and reach for them instead of just pulling them up from a standing position, as he didn't want to risk doing it too fast. Contrary to popular belief, Tiger Claw was really good with kids, as he liked to claim. Though, so far, no one had taken him up on his offer.