𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐋𝐞𝐨 𝐱 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞

Requested by @auroraafranco16

Title: Heating Blanket

Raph had told Leo to not go on patrol without some kind of protection, but of course Leo didn't want to listen to someone like Raphael, who always believed he was right. Except in this case, he was.

Leo hadn't realized it was raining when he'd gone out for patrol, practically sleeting down water that was so cold it felt like ice against his skin and shell. He didn't even make it forty-five minutes before he was sneezing and shivering. He began coughing after an hour and a half. Once the three hours was up, he stumbled back into the sewers and headed home, eyes already closing from exhaustion.

He knew he should've done better; he's a turtle, a cold-blooded reptile. Even if he is a ninja, he's a turtle first and he realized that he should've listened to Raph as his vision slowly began blurring and his body got heavier and heavier the faster he tried to get home. He slipped as he tried to muster enough energy to close the manhole, falling onto his face. Slowly standing, he shook his head and started towards the lair, promising himself that it was only a few more steps.

He collapsed not ten feet from the sewer entrance, promising to himself that he'd get up once he rested for a few minutes. Then he closed his eyes. 

They didn't open again.

++++++++++

Leo had been missing for an hour. Patrol was only three hours, so everyone was quietly wondering where he was while calling and texting him. Even Raph attempted to sneak into the kitchen to text his older brother.

It was Donnie that had finally discovered Leo laying outside the lair because he'd figured it was time for someone to actually go find the missing sibling. He didn't know how to react when he'd seen his oldest brother, the strongest out of all of them. What had happened to his brother? He was shivering as he laid there on the cold concrete, subconsciously flexing his fingers and muscles. Donnie, going to his knees, put his hand on Leo's shoulder to turn him over, but immediately pulled back at how cold his brother's skin was. It was colder than ice; giving it that feeling where something is so cold it doesn't even feel cold.

Donnie, realizing how dire it was to get Leo home right away, ignored the feeling of his skin prickling with sensitivity against his brother's and picked him up, rushing towards his lab.

"Raph, here! Now!" Donnie shouted as he sprinted through the living room, almost knocking (y/n) over. Seeing Leo laying limp in Donnie's arms, paler than he definitely was before he left the lair, she panicked. Tears began rolling down her face all at once as she openly sobbed, staring at Leo as Donnie lurched to a stop and turned around to look at her.

"Mikey-" he began but was cut off by his little brother leaping off the couch and over to (y/n). He answered with only a thumbs-up as he pulled (y/n) into a hug and steered her away towards the kitchen. Raph was already shoving the lab door open by the time Donnie rushed over, Leo already beginning to stir in his grasp.

"No, Mikey. I'll be fine. We- we have to go help Leo," (Y/n) says, sniffing as she wipes her nose and grabs Mikey's arm, pulling him back along to the lab with her. When they reach the door, they are immediately slapped by the sound of Donnie's muttering and Raph's angry grunting as they try to figure out what's wrong with Leo.

"Raph, go get some warm water; fast! We need to get something warm in him now or he's gonna die," Donnie says as he looks up at his brother with worried eyes. Raph's widened as he turned and booked it, almost hitting Mikey as he slammed through the doorway.