Chapter 13

The last two days were pretty uneventful; the Vaughs including Sebastian had gone to New York to shop for the new house, and they also had some business details to take care of. First day we attended lunch at the Spencer’s house, and the next we hosted lunch for both Arabella’s and Charles families, in honour of their engagement. Frankly it was boring, the elders were talking to each other and Arabella was talking to Charles and I was bored out of my mind. I was missing Sebastian like anything. I wished he’d hurry up and come back soon. Thankfully we had no lunches scheduled for today and I started reading ‘The Hunger Games’. I finished it within four hours and it was really nice, something different. I wonder what I’d do if I was selected to enter the Hunger Games. Ouch! I realised I had no strategy, nothing that I rocked at. I have to learn something, or else I’d just have to die in the hunger Games. I wouldn’t allow that, no ways.

“Father” I shouted running downstairs, “Father”

He was standing in the living room, “What is the matter Abigail?”

“Well”, oh what was I thinking, how could I tell father about learning a defence, he’d never agree, ughh, what did I get myself into, how could I think my father would actually understand that I wanted to be prepared for the games, (which might actually not happen, but that’s what they want you to think); suddenly spotting the Vaughs I saw the perfect escape, “Look the Vaughs are here”

“I can see that, you did not have to create a ruckus over it, silly girl” my father said

“That is not a way, a lady acts Abigail, and honestly I do not know what is wrong with you.” My mother added.

“I am sorry father and mother it won’t happen again” I apologised and my parents nodded, I ran ahead and hugged Sophia and Addison, and Jeff too. Before I could meet Sebastian, Addison pulled me aside, and then in her room.

“Oh Abigail, you have to see this” she was gushing while puling me to sit on her bed.

She suddenly stopped, “But first, Abigail you have to promise not tell anyone. Do you promise?” her tone had become more serious.

“I’ll take your secret to my grave” I promised.

“Alright, check this out,” saying so she started taking of her t-shirt.

“Whoa, sorry Addison, I don’t roll that way, umm no offence to anyone that does but it’s not me.” I said very quickly.

She started laughing, “Oh Abigail no, see this” she turned around, “isn’t the tattoo great?” and indeed it was. Situated right above her waist on her back, there was a tattoo of a girl swinging. I wasn’t expecting a tattoo. It wasn’t grand but really delicate and pretty.

“Wow, it sure is pretty, do your parents know about this?” I asked

“Why would they not know? I got it done in New York with Sebastian.” she said.

 Right, I forgot how amazing her parents were. “It is beautiful, I love it.”

“Thanks Abigail, it signifies my love for swings, they sort of set us free, no hassles at all. Now come on I am starving lets go eat something” she said

I hadn’t met Sebastian yet, so I declined her offer and ran upstairs into his room. He was just keeping his suitcase on his bed when he turned on hearing the sound of me entering his room, I ran and hugged him, “I missed you Sebastian” I said hugging him even tighter.

He hugged back even more tightly, “I had no idea you liked me that much”.

I pushed him on the bed, and surprisingly he fell, “You just grew on me” I replied.