EPISODE 3 - ASCENT

SAMEDI 06h23 - Sleepless

The few rays of sunshine are brightening the room, through the window of yellow curtains, but the lights didn't allow the room to be completely visible. Eliott sat on the chair in front of the window, taking some papers, pencils, and other stuff. He wasn't awake since last night, he was able to get some sleep, although he took so long to sleep, but something about 2 hours only.

At least he knew what he was doing, he knew the best thing he could do was to take some papers, or some sketches, and draw his feelings, draw everything that comes to his mind, put all of the fear in the paper, so that he would have something to share it, something that understood him as well as he did.

Lucas, in a low-key voice: already awake?

Eliott didn't answer, he stopped drawing, he looked at the window and slightly turned back, but his eyes didn't met Lucas'.

Lucas: Eliott?

Eliott, also in a low voice: hey

Lucas: is everything ok?

Eliott: yeah...

Lucas fell asleep again, he didn't even notice Eliott's answer wasn't so confident. Lucas also slept late last night, he needed to sleep as much as Eliott.

Eliott got back to draw, moving his hand through the paper in the way it didn't seemed it was him doing it, but his feelings, doing it by themselves. Nothing could stop it anymore. He knew he was drawing, he was writing, he was doing anything in the paper, but he didn't know what. It was his way to express his feelings, or... better... one of the ways. The other one was the movies, when he did it, he wasn't making a movie, he was the movie.

The sunrise gave even more inspiration to Eliott. It wasn't a normal drawing, it was something more, something he would have to show it to people, even though he didn't like to do it. He preferred to save his drawings only for him, mainly because he thought he was the only one that would understand what it meant. And he's probably right.

All the confusion going through his head, the fear of having to tell Lucas about his brother and he getting mad at him for not having said about it before, and the feeling of wanting to keep it by himself so that he wouldn't involve Lucas in all of this situation. But he knew one time he would have to tell him about it.

He knew he wasn't alone, he had a lot of people to talk, especially Lucas, he had someone to put up with everything he would say without getting tired of it. Eliott slowly gives a peripheral look to Lucas, lying on the bed, body curled under the cover, hands and arms on top of the mattress as if they were calling for Eliott. For a moment he thought about going to bed, but it didn't take long for his mind to remind him that he wouldn't be able to sleep, even if he was sleepy, which was not the case anyway.

Giving a look to the window now, he spotted the bright rays of sunlight getting into the room by the small part of the curtains that were sparkling in front of the glass. He stood up and slowly walked towards that window. Getting close, he looked up at the sun, at the streets down there with only one or two cars passing by. He opened it. The wind going in and making his face change a bit, he approached more as he put his head outside, in order to feel the wind properly.

After some time trying to feel the outside, Eliott moved back and closed the window. He turned around, spotting his laptop on the top of the same table where his drawings were scattered on. He went to it, sitting on the chair and opening it. As he turns the laptop on, he searches in the internet. He starts to type.

"How not to care about something I care-"

He stops and deletes what he wrote. For a moment he thought it was stupid and useless. He then thinks a bit before he starts to type again.