INVISIBLE IDIOTS

'SEEMS THEY'VE BROUGHT A PIG.'

'This one, it's female.'

'So are these two.'

'My one reads.'

'My one has a sword.'

There was a pause, a brief hesitation as they made up their decision.

'Take them both.'

Catherine was awoken almost instantly as she felt herself get lifted into the air. Her hand was untied from Edmund's as she reached out to scream, only to find that her mouth was blocked as a hand covered it, her eyes widening in horror and alarm.

Whipping her head from side to side, Catherine reached out to kick her legs at her attacker, only to see the air was the culprit. Her panic grew.

She thrashed in their grip, hands pinning her down and covering her mouth as she shaked and yelled, which came up to no avail. Hearing a soft mumbling, she turned around to see Lucy, also being dragged by an invisible force, which she presumed was something under a large spell. She could smell the magic of a powerful sorcerer.

Heading away from the camp, Catherine's eyes darted around what looked like a well-manicured garden, administrated by colourful roses and petals that flew softly down to kiss the floor, a magical ambience surrounding them as the bushes molded into spirals and interesting shapes. They really should have looked around before setting camp.

Growing impatient, Catherine managed to open her mouth slightly and lick her captor's hand, causing them to yell out and drop her. She fell onto the grass with a grunt, listening to them complain.

'She licked me, she licked me!'

Catherine scrambled quickly to her feet, pivoting around to each of the voices she heard, only to be met with nothing. Her jaw clicked, setting to place, and her eyes darkened. Invisible.

That made it much harder.

Beside her, Lucy entered the garden and was also thrown to the ground with a small yelp, pulling out her dagger. Catherine reached down for her sword, only to realise she had left it at the camp. She hissed, cursing herself. Lucy gasped as her dagger was knocked from her hand, tossed onto the floor. Catherine's eyes darted towards it and she lunged towards it, only to be picked up by another invisible forced, landing back on the floor with a dissatisfied growl.

'Stop pushing me around.' She said, her voice laced with a low snarl and she bared her teeth, dangerously.

'What are you?' Lucy questioned, spinning around to find the monsters. Catherine dusted herself off, gritting her teeth in anger.

'We are terrifying, invisible beasts!'

'Yeah!'

'Scary!'

Catherine felt impatient, their answers not seeming to satisfy her completely. 'Well of course you're invisible, otherwise we'd be able to see you.'

'If you could see us, you would be really intimidated.'

Catherine rolled her eyes and let out a loud scoff, causing Lucy to turn to her, anxious.
She had seen Caspian run around in his underwear. Nothing intimidated her anymore.

'You forgot to mention that we are very large.'

'Yeah, yeah!'

Lucy spoke out quietly. 'What do you want from us?'

'Is there a reason you kidnapped us from our beds?' Catherine said, snarling from direction to direction, now standing back to back with the younger Queen. 'Couldn't this have waited until the morning?'