A COOL NEW BLUE

AS THE SHIP TIPPED DOWNWARDS, the Narnians were thrown backwards against the wood, hitting their heads and letting groans and grumbles surpass their lips.

Edmund was flung from the bow of the ship, hurtling towards the wooden ground as the boat began to shift it's direction, sending him falling downwards and over the side of the ship.

He scrambled upwards, attempting to catch the wood as he passed and claw the ground to anchor himself and stop him from falling into the depths of the sea. With a large cry, he felt himself shifting overboard alongside an array of other Narnians, the water kissing his feet as his eyes widened in panic, his breathing beginning to quicken. His hands scraped the wooden deck for anything to hold onto, the water rising against his feet as he prepared to plunge into it's icy depths.

A hand curled around his, clasping it at the right moment and he opened his eyes, looking down below him to see the curious green mist illuminating the ocean, his heart sinking in panic.

'What, you're trying to get yourself killed now?'

Edmund let a weak laugh pass his lips as he wrapped his other hand around Catherine's. With a pant, she pulled him up aboard the ship, not letting go until he had his feet on the floor. They turned to each other, their breaths heavy and mingling together as a wave lapped over them. Catherine's eyes blazed, a few water droplets collecting on her eyelashes.

'I'd try get myself killed much more often if it meant you'd be the one to save me.'

Catherine rolled her eyes with a soft smile on her lips, making Edmund grin brighter, the bitter waves beginning to nip at their skin. With a cry from behind them, they were snapped from their momentary bliss and returned back to the battle at hand. Reaching out a hand, she offered it to him.

'Come on.'

He took it without hesitation.

...

WHEN EUSTACE AWOKE, he had been returned to a body he was familiar with, with two legs, two arms and a scrawny head that he had grown accustomed to. He was on Ramandu's island, sleeping dreamlessly on a bed of twigs with a glistening sword by his side.

The last Narnian sword.

He picked it up, admiring it in the light for a few seconds, a plan ticking in his head. As he spun around at the sound of a faint cry, he watched as the Dark Island consumed itself with a bigger green mist, memories of his previous encounter with the serpent a few minutes later recalling in his mind once more.

Eustace thought of his cousins, of the Telmarine siblings and his good friend, Reepicheep, and knew that they were still struggling against the beast, for it the final, seventh sword had not yet been laid down at Aslan's table.

He had the final, seventh sword.

And so he ran to Aslan's table.

...

CASPIAN YELLED OUT towards his sister, telling her to back away as the serpent rose once more, no longer seeming affected by the damages the rock had done to it. Instead, it transformed, extending it's ribs with a sickening rattle, taking the appearance of a cobra.

As Caspian made sure his sister was out of the way, his eyes flickered back to her previous position, where Edmund was still standing, watching the serpent with wide eyes. His features flooded with panic.

'Move!'

With a run, Caspian threw himself onto Edmund, making the boys fall onto the deck just in time for the serpent to lunge forwards, snapping it's jaw at the air. Caspian picked up his sword, bringing the blade down on one of the tentacles that arose from the serpents neck, making it hiss and squeal in pain. The remaining piece burnt in the air and returned to a green mist. Caspian watched it, curious, and felt his eyebrows raise.