Chapter 14

The closer they got to the basement, the voices of their friends and family became quieter to the point none heard of Reverse saying Rift and Cliff's names so they were unaware of the dangerous foes fighting the others. 

Sabre questioned Shadow and Lucas about the situation with the Steves and what was in the basement, but there was no answers except 'we need to hurry'.  All Sabre know was whatever is in the basement is important seeing the other two's expressions and the seriousness from the rest of the Steves. As for Lucas and Shadow, they were focused on completing the machine from earlier and Lucas has a hunch it's the only way to defeat Reverse. Shadow was scared for his family, now that he was released from being a mature adult after for so long, Shadow became a scared little boy who hates conflict. It was suppose to be a nice day as there was no more fighting with his dad and grandpa vs the trio: he could properly meet Rainbow without worry, see Light for the first time, bond with a cousin he never knew and so much more. 

All was ruined becasue of Reverse.

When they were at the door leading to the basement, that's when Sabre had enough of being ignored and pulled his hand away.

"Can someone please tell me what is happening?!" Sabre shouted in irritation and crossed his arms.

"Alright, Sabre, do you remember how to make the machine that got Light to my world?" Lucas asked in a hurry while pulling his cousin's hand to follow him 

"Uh yes? What does that have to do with anything?" Sabre asked confused as he let the blonde pull him.

"We're going to bring Light here"

"Why? He's safer there"

Lucas shook his head as Shadow joined him in pulling Sabre then explained further, he reached the same conclusion as Lucas, "Grandpa thinks Light can help."

"Grandpa?" Sabre ask, he was starting to getting irritated with them so he dug his heels in the ground just as they reached the machine making all of them stop, "Okay, what is exactly happening? Who is Shadow's grandpa? What did Nightmare mean when he said Light, Rainbow, Reverse, and Dark are his sons? Why is Reverse here? What-"

"Check the machine now, questions later" Shadow said hurriedly then pushed Sabre to the machine. He felt his dad's anger, but something had to happen now that his anger is flaring up.

Sabre crossed his arms and sent a glare over to Lucas who let out a sign knowing very well that Sabre won't do anything without an explanation.

"We'll explain as you work on the machine. Please Sabre" Lucas pleaded they needed to finish quickly.

Knowing Lucas, Sabre nodded and went on working on the machine as Shadow started to explain.

"Okay, Nightmare is my grandpa and Dark is my dad. Light, Reverse and Rainbow are my uncles. From what my dad and grandpa said, something happened to Reverse causing him to kill Light and got into a fight with Rainbow.

Dad and Reverse were arguing and I guess Reverse snapped; Light tried to intervene. The end result was Light dying; my dad going partly insane; Rainbow losing his memories and sent away to one of grandpa's friends; and Reverse being sent away to a different dimension by grandpa. Now I guess he's back for revenge." Shadow explained. 

Shadow did not know much, he was born a year or two later after the incident and was taken care of his godmom for most of his childhood when his dad became unstable on most days. Nightmare took care of Dark until he was close to normal and that's when everything happened.

"But Light is alive" Sabre said confused as he checks the red stone, "I should know, I was the one who brought him back in the first place"

"Only you, me and Rainbow knew that. Everyone else, but Dark found out when you two were in the library. That is why we were building this machine: to bring Light and Silver into this world."

"I understand Light, but why Silver?" Sabre ask.

"I want to meet my cousin" Shadow pouted, "I want to see him"

Sabre face-palmed, he should have known: Silver is part of their family being Light's son.

"Well all I have to say is that I'm sorry about your family Shadow and good work Lucas, you just needed and antenna" Sabre said as he put down the lever. The machine look fine, but Sabre was a bit worried because they never transferred two people at once before.

Before he could flip the switch, there was a loud crash above them and pieces of the ceiling fell on them.

"They are fighting" Lucas realized, "Sabre do it now!"

Before Sabre could, there was another crash that shook the whole room sending more of what's above down to them. Shadow then noticed a chunk of the ceiling above Sabre about to fall on him.

"Mom! Look out!" Shadow ran and push Sabre out of the way of the fallen rock. 

Sabre was fine, besides a bit of dust, but Shadow wasn't as a the rock had landed on his ankle making him scream out in pain.

"Ahhh!"

"Shadow!" Sabre got up and rushed to Shadow.

The brunet moved the rock off Shadow before pulled the Steve close to him so Shadow wouldn't get hit by anything else and he could heal him. Shadow whimpered. curling himself into a ball while clutching Sabre's shirt as the pain was almost unbearable.

'I want mama!' Shadow silently begged. 

"Shh, you'll be fine, I'm here, I'm here" Sabre said then hugged Shadow tighter when another crash happened. 

Recovering from the quake, Lucas seen the condition Shadow was in and ran to them, "Sabre!"

There was another crash, louder than the one before.

"I want daddy!" Shadow cried out, "I want Queen!"

Sabre looked at his cousin and shouted,  "Lucas! Flip the switch now!"

Lucas nodded and hurried to the switch before the next quake happened then flipped the lever, "Here we go!"

There was a blast of light that knock everyone backwards, a purple light surrounded them, before darkness engulf them.