Chapter 8

A/N: I'm doing a time skip -which rarely happens- so Plague is at Nightmare's castle and Dark came out of the portal. 

I'm going to refer to some OCs that were in 'Memory of Future' becasue why not, also to explain a bit more of their background. Thank you all who allowed me to put them in my books!

--------------------------------------------------

Plague was about to open the door to the Nightmare King's castle when he felt a presence behind him. Knowing that it could not be Dark since he probably just exits the portal; Plague took out his slime ball ready to attack. He turned around as he threw the slime ball only to be stopped by a hand gripping his wrist. Seeing who it was, Plague quickly realized his mistake and started to sweat as fear covered his face.

"Umm. Hey Dark. What's up?" Plague laughed nervously. If looks could kill, he'll be in the Nether with Herobrine right now.

"You better be glad that you are holding Lucas and that I don't want neither of them to wake up to see me beating you to a pulp until you are close to death" Dark growled.

Knowing Dark for a reasonable amount of time, Plague knew that he does not deliver empty threats. Well he used to know Dark as a Steve who would laugh and was kind to everyone he met. That all changed, both him and his sanity started to disappear at the loss of his brother. Then it got worse when he lost Blue. About every Steve knows that Dark reaching his breaking point and Sabre being the last string to his sanity; if Sabre goes, the last of Dark goes.

Plague look down at Lucas, when he lost Green, he went mad, but he still had his sanity in place, "Sorry Dark"

Dark just grumbled.

"How did you get here so fast?"

"It's the one power all of us Steves share" Plague instantly face palmed.

"Teleportation" Dark rolled his eyes, but a small smile made an appearance on his face before it quickly went away. Though not before Plague saw it, 'He's changing little by little, hopefully we'll get the, well close to, old Dark'

(Note: Purple Steves can teleport more than any other Steve and won't get as tired)

Dark knock on the castle door rapidly, he wanted to get the two inside as soon as possible since he knew that they need to eat something and need to change clothes as soon as possible: Sabre's chicken suit cannot be salvage because of the blood stains and rips that are everywhere; as for Lucas his vest is torn up so are his shorts, his hat is safe since Plague took it off for him.

The door opens eventually open only to reveal someone that they were not expecting.

"Oh, hey guys" Rainbow said cheerfully.

"Oh, hey Rainbow, where's Nightmare?" Plague ask looking for the older Steve.

"Nightmare went to get a room ready for Sabre and Lucas. It's on the second floor third door to the left." Rainbow opened the door wider to let the two pairs in before he closed it.

Plague said thank you then he and Dark headed upstairs to put the two humans on something other than their arms and on something soft. They came to the door right when Nightmare opened it; he told them to lay them done then come downstairs and informed them that someone will clean them up and patch up their wounds. Entering the room, it was obvious which bed was for each human: Dark place Sabre on the green and white bed while Plague put Lucas on the red and white bed.

They left the room and headed downstairs where Rainbow and Nightmare waited for them.

"What's going to happen now Nightmare?" Dark asked.