Chapter 21

This everyone's conversation with one another. Anything that didn't flow is going into a side chapter.

Back in the original book, after editing, the word count for this chapter was 5339.
In this chapter, the word count went up to 6241, almost a thousand words were added to this!

--------------------

Moments after Dark took Plague out of the room with the help of Nightmare, everyone went their separate ways for the time being. Positive and Negative went to the kitchen area to cook food. Rainbow and Reverse went to have some twin bonding time. Rift asked Sabre and Lucas to join him on a walk which they accepted. So only Echo, Light's family, and Shadow were left.

Shadow sat on the couch next to Uncle Light who was currently on Vi's lap with Silver between Shadow and them. Shadow couldn't help but to stare at his uncle's family, a little envious of his cousin's life. Silver noticed his cousin's stare rather quickly.

"Are you okay Shadow?" Silver look at his cousin.

"I-I'm fine" Shadow muttered, looking away.

Shadow isn't used to talking to anyone besides his dad, grandpa, Plague, and Mama since he could remember. Because of Cliff, his family were unwelcomed in so many places that his grandpa had to make a dimension for them.

Silver frowned at the older Steve and decided to try to cheer him up, "So, um, is Sabre your mom?"

Shadow chocked on his saliva, "S-Sorry, what?"

"Well, you have grey eyes and my pa said that your dad is Dark, and he has green eyes. I see that Sabre is the only one who has grey eyes, so I was just wondering...."

"No" Shadow signed, "My mom left us before I was a year old. Dad, grandpa, and Mama took care of me, mostly Mama since grandpa was helping dad"

"I'm sorry for asking" Silver said guilty.

"It's fine, in all honesty, I wish Sabre was my mom. My dad has a crush on him since they first met and I like him, a lot." Shadow smiled slightly.

"If you don't mind me asking, who's your Mama?"

"Oh, that's a funny story" Shadow giggled.

"Boys" Vi spoke getting their attention, "sorry for interrupting but it's getting late and you two should get to bed"

"But I'm not tired" Silver whined then wrapped an arm around his cousin, "and Shade was going to tell me a story! Can we stay up a bit longer?"

Vi shook his head, "No, you are still young and need your sleep"

"But dad!"

"I don't want to argue with you tonight Silver" Vi glared.

"Um, Mr. Vi?" Shadow spoke up politely.

Vi's face soften looking at the young Steve, "You can call me Vi or Uncle Vi, Shadow. We're all family"

"A-Alright Uncle Vi, what if were lay down and talk until we fall asleep? So, we'll already be in bed when that happened"

Apparently, a certain Ender was listening to their conversation, "There are some rooms around that corner, I sensed this could be a second 'home' as you could say and made rooms for everyone. Your room is the second door on the right"

"Dad?" Silver said with pleading eyes.

"*sign* I seen no problem there, but don't stay up too much longer" Vi said.

"Thanks! Night Pa, night dad!" Silver grinned then grabbed Shadow's hand and lead him to their room.

Following Echo's directions, Silver found a door with his and Shadow's name on a sign and entered the room, dragging Shadow behind him then closed the door. The room was pretty basic: two beds with a nightstand on the outer sides, a closet with a few clothes already in there, a dresser and a few odds and ends. Shadow sat on his bed, easily identifiable by it having grey sheets and has a stuff fox on it; something he received from Mama for his birthday. Silver hop on his bed that has light grey sheets and waited for Shadow to talk though the older didn't take the social que. Shadow instead played with the stuff fox with a small smile. After a few moments, Silver could wait any longer.