Lunch Part 2

"What about?" Alicia asked.

"About us," Ali replied.

"Us? I didn't know there was an 'us'. What do you mean, Ali?"

"There would be if you want." Ali smirked.
"You and Me."

"No way" Alicia sat back, and folded her arms, glared at Ali. She was wondering just where all of this was going.

Their conversation was then interrupted as the waiter came back and asked if there were ready to order their meals. Once that was done, the waiter left to prepare their orders.

"Oh, by the way, this whole meal is on me, Princess," Ali said seconds later.

"Wow, you are being unusually nice today," Alicia said with surprise.

"It's a part of me I don't often show," Ali said. "Now, where were we?"

"........."

"Oh yeah. About us, so?"

"No, there no us, Ali," Alicia said, getting a little defensive. She didn't like it that Ali teased her.

"Sorry, I don't mean to tease you.. even thought it is fun." Ali goofed around. "But.. it's just that... Well..." he stumbled around, seeming looking for the right words to say.

"What? What are you trying to say?" Alicia asked, now really curious.

"Well, it just ....."

"What!?" Alicia glared

"I........,"

(Alicia take a deep breath, calmed herseft down.)

"Just what are you trying to tell me, Ali?" Alicia asked nicely, looked straight into Ali eyes.

"Well..." Ali began, but broke off as their meals arrived. Once the two of them had been full served and the waiter had left, Ali resumed. "Well, I suppose that I might be missed you. Since I, myself didn't know why I want to meet with you."

"Huh? Now you've lost me, Ali."

"Come on, Alicia. Why do you think I've stuck with Uno and Nikki all these times, despite their idiotic plans? I may consider them a boss, well since they kinda pay me and all, but not so much in their taken over the Cyberaya and destroying M.A.T.A.

"Ali, are you saying what I think you're saying?" Alicia asked.

"Yeah....maybe, the reason I stick with them is because that way I get to see you," Ali replied. "I always know that sooner or later, you will show up and the fun begins."

"Fun!? Ali, we usually end up trying to beat each others brains out," Alicia said as she began eating her meal.

"Yeah, and that's the fun of it. Every time we fight, I enjoy it, Alicia. Fighting allows me to be close to you. I've always respected you as a good fighter, even before I realized my deeper attraction to you."

"Well, I supposed I've respected you for your fighting skills too, Ali...," Alicia replied.

"Yeah, but there was that last time we fought," Ali said. "Just before you beat me you said that you hated me." A sad look came over Ali's face. "You don't know how much that hurt me, Alicia. It hurt more than any physical blow you've ever given me. Despite all the times we're been opponents, I've never once hated you, Alicia."

"Yeah, I admit, that was a low blow," Alicia said slowly. "That was going way over the line." She looked up and into Ali's eyes. "I am so sorry about that, Ali."

Wow, she means it! Ali thought as he looked deep into Alicia's eyes. Alicia then said. "I'm really sorry for saying I hated you, Ali. I didn't mean it, I was just so angry at you and everything at the time. I just blurted it out."

"I know that, Alicia," Ali said and reached across the table and took one of Alicia's hands in his own, make Alicia feel embarrassed. "I am also sorry for everything else, Alicia."

"So what happens now, Ali?" Alicia asked, tried to distract herself away.

"I... I don't know," Ali said slowly. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the future has in store for us."

"I guess so," Alicia replied.

THE END..

EXTRA

The two of them finished their meal and talked well into the night. Perhaps things would now change between them or perhaps they wouldn't. Right now, neither of them were too sure what the future had in store for them, they would just have to wait and find out.

Ok done for this one.
Until next time. :)