Chapter 1: The Incubus

Edit: the image is what I imagine Ryder to look like.

Characters name are from Cegolder! Thank you so much, it really helps when I don't have to look up and think on names! You always come through with that issue!

/////////////////////////////

"You stupid f*ck, why can't you do anything right?" I hear my master yell before feeling a palm harshly hit my face. The force of the slap sent me stumbling back brutally to the pole I was just dancing on. The impact ran pain up my back, and I wanted nothing more than to collapse on the floor.

I didn't mean to trip on my tail and stumble. I didn't want to purposely get in trouble and risk another harsh punishment.

I grimace. I wasn't always so weak, and this was a humiliating thing to go through. Monsters, non-humans to be less derogative, shouldn't have to work with humans, but we do it to survive. We're faced with segregation, not many want a non-human working for them, rooming with them, near them, nothing.

Many of us are sex trafficked off to those that want a more...exotic slave, partner, or pet. We were forced to wear an anklet or bracelet that makes us 'easier to handle'. People want us passive and feeble, unable to defend ourselves as we lose our own strength.

However, we got most of our rights back and now we just to keep our distance from people. The police are now the only people who use this contraption when they have to arrest any kind of non-human....or at least they were the only ones who were supposed to have the bracelets.

That's why I am here at this brothel, doing something that was going to support me. I was living in a small shelter with others, but I was offered a job dealing with photography and modeling. It seemed like I was going to be well payed, but it was all a ploy. They got the damn bracelet on my wrist and now, I am as weak as a human and sold from person to person.

I'm brought out of my musing thanks to a hand tangling itself in my hair and then tugging down. By how far I'm having to bend, I know that it's master doing the handling. Tears of frustration and agitation flood my eyes, I want nothing more than to rip the prick apart.

"You are embarrassing me in front of my esteemed guest." He whispers in my ear before addressing the figure approaching the both of us. "I apologize for his incompetence. Please, allow him to start over." He speaks in a sweet voice, his grip letting go and releasing my hair.

"I don't think I will. I've seen all that I need to see." The voice, female, says. It sounded like she was disappointed. I quickly and discreetly clear my eyes to see the woman who is interviewing me.

Too say she is pretty is an understatement. She is absolutely gorgeous, breath taking even, for a human. If I didn't find such disdain for them and their ways, I would love to get to know her. I know better though. She is here looking to purchase a slave, not make friends.

"I swear, he was just nervous! He will be worth every penny and will make an excellent addition to your establishment!" Master says.

My eyes glance to her calculating gaze as she stares at me. It's hard to tell where I would be better residing. Master is a horrid person and I would love to get away from him, but she could be worse. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

"What did you say he is again?" she says, her eyes never leaving me.

"An incubus, he-"

"You asked earlier why he can't do anything right, that doesn't sound like he was only nervous, but is constantly having first day jitters." She bites back her response.

If I'm a constant hassle, why can't they just let me go? Money. Why let me go, if they can sell me to someone else willing to deal with me for a bit? I look at master, waiting to see how he responds.