Chapter 6:Trust no one. Not even your own shadow

You pulled out your formal business attire and got dressed. You would normally wear a nice dress with some heels, but you didn't want Williams looking at more than you would let him, and that isn't much. So, you settled on a pant suit with some wedges.

The sweet, kind, laid-back persona you normally have is instantly turned cold and confident. When making deals with the scum of the earth, you have to put on the same disgusting personality. You couldn't show any kind of compassion. If anyone knew you were kind to non-humans, you would no longer be able to purchase their freedom.

Your crew puts on a little show of their own at times as well. It's the only time they behave and cooperate to make you look as good as possible. It's almost scary how intimidating they can be in such a short time. They are normally also chill, aside from Seth and Damon, that you forget that they are non-human. They help your confidence, though, and make you feel even more invincible when you have muscle to back you up should anything go south.

You never request that they come when slavers request an audience with you, worried that it may trigger them, and you can't hide anymore bodies after the last deal with Seth; it was the last death you would tolerate.

Once you finished getting dressed, you did a final twirl looking in the mirror to make sure nothing was out of place. When you're satisfied, you walk out the door and head towards the bar where Williams is waiting. You would have preferred to handle business in your office, less likely to have someone walk into the room instead of the bar on the ground floor. James said Williams insisted that it wasn't necessary since the meeting won't be that long anyway.

The thought of having to deal with him again just makes you sick to your stomach. He eyed your form the first time you met him, it made your skin crawl the way he leered at you.

When reaching the ground floor, you are relieved to see that all of your friends decided to join in on this meeting. Lucy stood at the entrance to the building, Damon and Seth sitting amongst the tables and booths of the room, Jax at the bar wiping the counter, and James near the fidgety Mr. Williams. All of the creatures must make a man like him nervous if the sweat running down his face says anything.

You glance around and notice that Kane nor Ryder are present, but that is a good thing, at least for Ryder. You don't want him to see his old abuser, he is through with that scum bag, and he should never have to interact with that man again.

You look back at Williams, taking in his form once more. He's just as disgusting as you remember. His nervous fidgeting settles a bit as he grins when he sees you, a lustful expression taking over making your stomach churn. You're glad to see James come to stand beside you, giving you the support you truly needed.

"Mr. Williams, what an unpleasant surprise. May I inquire what it is you're doing here?" you ask with a raised brow. He walks over, sticking his hand out as though to shake yours. Like hell you would ever tough his grubby hands and cross your arms over your chest. His grin drops as well as his hand. You watch as he makes eye contact with James and grimaces. The sight makes you want to laugh at his pathetic behavior, but refrain from doing so to keep up your professional appearance.

"Mr. Williams, please can we get on with what it is that you are doing here?" Your tone is now annoyed with having to question him again. You want him out of here and fast.

Williams gives a nervous laugh, his eyes dropping from James back to yours. "Yes, well. I was just checking on the training for the um, sex machine. If he's doing better, I would like to buy him back." He admits.

"I'm sorry, you want to what?" A tenseness falls over the room at the statement. He can't be serious, no way in hell are you even going to entertain the idea. "Mr. Williams, I am not a trainer. I do not spend all my time fixing them just to return them to their old owner. I made that perfectly clear the day that I bought Ryder." The thought that he figured that he could just come back and enslave Ryder infuriated you, and there was no way you would ever allow that to happen.