chapter 42

Draco's Pov:

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK.

I thought, as I ran out of the Hogwarts castle, preferably for the last time, desperately trying to get away from the Order. I know that one of those blood traitors saw me, the Weasley children's poor excuse for a father.

I don't know if he decided to come after me though, because I wasn't going to turn back. I couldn't allow myself to be questioned, like that stupid wench Ana did, because I couldn't let Dumbledore find out all the fucked up shit that's going on.

I knew that I had to get back to the manor. I had to get back home.

But it wasn't much of a home, was it? It was more like, a motel, or a prison. A bunch of people trapped inside, the dark lords servants around every corner, torturing people. But I couldn't think about that now. I couldn't let myself get distracted.

Right now, I had to run. I didn't want to go back to the manor, but at the moment, I didn't really have a choice. I had no where else to go.

As I got closer to the Black lake, I went behind a tree, and stood there for a second, looking up at the stars. God knows I wouldn't see them for a long time after what I did.

I failed everyone. Again. And I'm sure there's going to be many consequences for me. But at least now, I won't have to come back to this pathetic excuse for a school.

I crouched down by the ground, in my wet suit, I probably looked a mess. My hair, all disheveled. This was supposed to go according to plan. Everything was planned perfectly, so how did I still fuck it up? How did I let her get away? Let her have the opportunity to get away? I should've been stronger.

I could feel the tears starting to form in my eyes, but I knew that I didn't have time for such childish things like that, so I wiped them away, stood up, and began to run again, run to the portkey. I knew that this wasn't going to be good. I mean, nothing ever was anymore, but I could be killed over this.

I don't know if they'd kill Ana, because she's the dark lords daughter, but I know they'd take her again. It was only a matter of when.

I stood in front of the portkey, staring at it for a second, and thought to myself:

Is this really what I want? An eternity of hurting people? I could run, right now. I don't know where I'd go, but anywhere would probably be better than here.

No, that's foolish. I can't think like that. There is no way out. This is my legacy. My purpose. I have to do it. I have to be one of them. I was already blessed with the mark, and I couldn't betray my own blood.

I reached out and touched the portkey, and felt the tears come down again. But this time, I made no effort to stop them, as I felt the world swirling around me.

Ana's Pov:

I ran back to the Slytherin dorms, holding up my dress and running in my heels, almost like one of those paintings, or scenes in the movies. A beautiful girl, running in her dress in an open field or some shit, or running to get to her prince. Yeah, I wish.

But right now, I was basically going to see if I was going to die or not. Because Draco easily had my fate in his hands. If he's already gone back to the manor, then I'm basically done for. I don't even want to know how the death eaters and Voldemort are going to react, seeing that their plan didn't work.

Even thought I've never been religious, I'm praying to whatever the hell's up there that he's just in his dorm, sleeping, and that I can wake him up and convince him to change, to become different, to maybe even be on the good side of things for once. Please let him be in there.

I quickly told our painting the password, and rushed through the passageway to our common room. Pansy and Blaise were sitting on the couch, and immediately got up and ran to me, but I didn't have the time for that right now.

"Ana! How are you...we watched you die..." Pansy said, and I could see the mascara marks, coming down her face, as I said "I'll explain later, I just- I can't right now."

I ran past them, running up to the boys dorms, eventually reaching Draco's. I had only ever been in there once, I think, in all of the years we've known each other. We talked about our parents, and our issues with them. I talked about my mother, and how she never cared for me, and about my father, who didn't even care enough to be in my life.

He talked about his parents, and not wanting to be like them, which really surprised me, because it seemed like he'd do anything for them, just to make them proud. Which I guess is what he's doing, because he did ended up becoming like them. But that was one of the best nights I've had at Hogwarts, because I had someone to talk to, someone who knew exactly what I was feeling.

There was Harry, too, but he didn't even get to know his parents. We grew up with our parents, and they still didn't end up caring for us.

I pounded on the door, yelling "Draco!" Until I finally pulled out my wand, and casted the spell "Alohomora!" And the door unlocked, with me immediately pushing it open, only to reveal that there was no one inside.

My heart dropped into my chest, and I could already feel the tears forming in my eyes. Shit. This was it. He did it. He got away.

I defeatedly shut the door to his room, and walked slowly back to the girls dorms, opening my door. I entered my room, and shut the door slowly, walking to the mirror. I looked a mess.

My dress was all ruined, wet from being out in the snow, and my hair the same. It had fallen out of the style I put it in, and now just laid on my shoulders, all wet and frizzy. My lipstick that I had so carefully put on was smeared across my chin, probably from where Draco slammed his hands over my mouth, trying to silence me.

My mascara had formed little lines all down my face, and my eye shadow had basically all worn off. But instead of taking off my makeup, brushing my hair, and taking off my dress, I walked over to my bed and sat down on the edge.

I took my heels off, the ones that hurt so badly to walk in, but I did it anyway, to make my legs look good. That was such a stupid priority, considering you couldn't even see my legs because my dress covered them.

I laid down on my bed, and let out a sob that i'd held in for a while, and then it all started coming out.

I laid there and cried until I fell asleep, because in my heart, I knew, that this was the beginning of the end, for everything.