chapter 33

It had been a day since everything that happened on the astronomy tower, and the boys still haven't apologized to me, they just kind of acted like all of that shit never even happened. I didn't blame them though, if I were in that situation, I'd probably try to avoid it too. It just kind of hurts.

No one was talking to me, really, except for the twins, Blaise, Pansy, and Malfoy. And even with Draco, things weren't the same. I wasn't sure that they'd ever be the same again. Everything is just taking a toll on us. I kept trying to apologize to Hermoine, even though it wasn't my fault, but she wouldn't even stop to hear me out. It was like a repeat of what happened a few weeks ago. Why can't we all just be happy for once?

"Hey, Ana." Pansy said, and I jumped, because until then, I thought I was alone in the common room. "Oh-um, hey Pansy. What's up?" I asked. It was weird. Right now, it seemed like she was one of my only real friends, which isn't something I thought I'd ever say. "You coming to the party tonight?" She asked me back.

At Hogwarts, all of the different houses had parties once a month. This was the 3rd one of the year, and they were always so much fun. Each house had one each weekend, so we could even them out. On the nights of those parties, we all set our rivalries aside, and put our guards down, and just had fun. Together. They were probably my favorite nights of my entire life. 

I'd been to almost all of them this year, and tonight, we had to host a party. We didn't really put up decorations for our parties, because they weren't needed. They looked tacky, so we put out green strobe lights, and a bunch of drinks. The party was in about an hour, so I went up to my dorm to get ready.

I thought I'd be on theme tonight, so I put on a skintight dark green dress, and did a full face of makeup for once. I finished the look off with some dark red lipstick and stepped back into the mirror to admire myself. Damn I look good, I thought to myself, as I smirked at the mirror, practicing for tonight.

Along with being the funnest parties (Self-proclaimed) ours were also the hottest. You could do whatever you want, with anyone you want, for one night a month. I think that's why the most people come to our parties, because we don't judge. I mean, most of us do on a normal day, but at one of the parties? Hell no.

I went back downstairs, and saw that people were going to start arriving soon. I went and stood by Blaise and Pansy, and put my arms around their shoulders. "This is gonna be the best one we've ever had. I can feel it. You guys ready?" I didn't really look at them until I spoke, but I was shocked at how good they both looked. Pansy had curled her hair, making it wavy, and had on dark red lipstick, like mine, and a skintight black strapless dress. She looked amazing.

Blaise had on an all black suit, similar to the one Draco wears, and DAMN can he pull it off. "Yeah. Me too. And I heard that EVERYONES coming." Blaise said, and my eyes widened as I said "Like, EVERYONE everyone?" He laughed, as Pansy jumped in and said "Basically the whole school!" By the whole school, she meant all of us that were 5, 6, and 7th years. We didn't let in anyone younger than that, because things get really wild at some of the parties, and we didn't want little kids in there, who could rat on us.

The door burst open, and a bunch of students poured into the common room. One of the other Slytherins went to turn the music and lights on, and when they did, you could feel the electricity in the air. I double-fisted two firewhiskys, and downed them both. Tonight was my only one that I had to actually let loose, so I intended to use it.

After I drank them, almost immediately feeling the effects, I went to join the mob of people who were all dancing. I manuevered myself to the middle of the pit, where Pansy was. She wasn't talking to anyone while she danced, she was just being free, and I admired that.

I tapped her on the shoulder, and she jumped a little, until she turned around and realized that it was me. "Ana! Heyyyyyyyyy!" She was obviously very drunk. I mean, I sort of was too, but she was on a WHOLE different level. I didn't respond to her, just grabbed her hands and started jumping up and down with her. I don't know why, but it just felt right at the moment.

She smiled and started to laugh, and so did I, as we ignored everyone else and just danced. Then, out of nowhere, she shouted "You're beautiful, you know that? I mean, like, REALLY hot too." "THANKS" I yelled back, hoping that she could hear me because the music was way too loud. Then, the look on her face changed, it got more serious, and suddenly, her lips were on mine.

I didn't know what to do in that moment, because I'd only started wanting to be friends with Pansy like, a week ago, and now she was kissing me. Maybe it was just a drunk thing. It probably was. This stuff happens all the time, right? As she finally pulled her lips off of mine, she smirked at me, and then clumsily strutted away.

As I stood there, kind of shocked at what happened, I heard the door open again. I bumped into people while trying to see who it was, and then I saw them. Harry, Ron, Hermoine, Fred, George, Ginny, Luna, and Neville. A REALLY weird combination. And what was even weirder, is that they NEVER come to our parties. Ever.

Not even when we were all best friends, did they come. They said that it would be 'A disgrace to our house' Even though a bunch of Gryffindors always came. I personally thought that they were just too pussy, and didn't want to deal with Draco, but I would NEVER have said that to them. 

But as I looked at them, and examined them, they all looked REALLY good. Especially Hermoine. She had a-

Wait. What am I doing? I can't be crushing over her like I usually do, shes been ignoring me. I shouldn't give her any attention. But tonight, I couldn't help it. She had a red dress on, that wasn't necessarily skintight, but it fit her perfectly. I hate to say it right now, but she looked gorgeous. Like always.

We made eye contact, and my eyes widened drunkily as I stared back at her. I couldn't help but smile at her, but she still had a panicked expression on her face.

I wasn't in control of myself, as my feet started to magically walk over to her.