Something's Not Right

Normal POV
The guard led Thomas out of the small room and into a cafeteria with other teenagers, gossiping and eating a meal.

In the corner of his eye, Minho saw Thomas walk in.

"Hey, Thomas." he said as he walked up to his friend.

"Hey, Minho. What's going on?" Thomas asked.

"We weren't the only Maze." Minho said.

He guided Thomas to the table where the others were. Thomas sat down in between Newt and Minho. Two different boys named, Sebastian and Richard sat across the table and they continued their story.

"There was this big, loud explosion and these guys came out of nowhere and started shooting up the place." Richard explained.

"It was intense." Sebastian chimed in after he took a sip of his water.

"They pulled us out the Maze and brought us here." Richard finished.

"What about the rest? The other people left behind in the Maze, what happened to them?" Newt asked.

"I don't know. I guess WICKED still had them." Richard answered.

"How long have you guys been here?" Newt asked.

"Not long. Just a day or two." he answered.

Richard then pointed to a boy sitting by himself in the corner of the cafeteria.

"That kid over there, has been here the longest. Almost a week." he stated.

"His Maze was nothing but girls." Sebastian said.

"Really?" Minho questioned.

Richard shrugged. "Some guys have all the luck."

He moved his focus to Mallory, seeing that she was the only girl at the table.

"What about you?" he asked to her.

"Excuse me?" Mallory asked.

"Were you the only girl is a Maze full of boys?" Sebastian asked.

Mallory cleared her throat and felt kind of uncomfortable. "Umm."

Thomas answered for her. "No, she wasn't. There was-"

Then, something got everyone's attention. It was Janson, walking in with two guards.

"Good evening, gentlemen, ladies." Janson says as he walks to the front of the cafeteria.

Two guards stood a distance behind him.

"You all know this works. If you hear your name called, please rise in an orderly fashion and join my colleagues behind me. We'll escort you to the Eastern Wing, where your new lives are about to begin." Janson explained.

Some other kids clapped and looked excited. But, Thomas's group looked confused and a little scared. Janson opened up a clipboard and called out some names. One by one, the kids who were called out got up and went to the front of the cafeteria.

"Alaina, Tyler, Morgan, Genesis, Wilbur, Chrissy, Gabriel, and Xavier." Janson called out, then closed his clipboard.

The other kids groaned in disappointment.

"Now, now. Don't get discouraged. If I could take more, I would. There's always tomorrow. Your time will come. Now, come on, eat up." Janson said as he made his exit.

His two guards led the kids who were called out to a door on the opposite side of the cafeteria. The remaining kids clapped for those who were leaving.