The Warrior Games

After living on the Safe Haven for quite some time, some of the kids made an estimate that they've been living there for about a year. Even though no one knows for sure, it still feels like it's been that long.

Jorge and Vince wanted to speak with Joel, Luke, and Courtney for a private meeting because they were the only adults. They were standing near the cornfield, discussing the plans for the One Year celebration and bouncing off ideas on how they should celebrate.

They came up with the perfect plan: splitting up the celebration into three days.

Day One: The kids will assigned to three different tribes at a bonfire.

Day Two: Competing in various games.

Day Three: The day they celebrate the actual date of arriving at the Safe Haven. Joel and Luke will perform a new song. Paper lanterns will be lit and flown into the night sky in honor of those who never made it to the Safe Haven.

The five of them nominated Frypan, Mallory, and Aris as the leaders for the three tribes.

They all felt satisfied after everything was confirmed.

Thomas, Minho, and Delilah were watching the conversation from one of the picnic tables, but they couldn't hear what was being discussed.

Newt and Mallory were walking around and holding hands, when they noticed their friends were focused on the adults.

"Hey, guys." Newt said.

"What goes on?" Mallory asked.

Thomas shushes them and shows them what they had their eyes on.

"Wow. It's strange to see them all buddy-buddy." Delilah said.

"Yeah, but what are they talking about?" Minho wondered.

Newt and Mallory sit down at the picnic table with their friends. The two of them helped themselves to the snacks that were on the table. After a few minutes, the adults seemed to have concluded their conversation and went their separate ways.

When the kids notice them walking towards the picnic table area, they looked like they weren't paying attention.

"Hey, guys." Luke said as he went into the kitchen.

"How's it going?" Courtney asked.

"Good." Thomas answered.

"Nothing much." Minho said, then ate a berry.

"If you don't mind, would you all go around and spread the word about having a bonfire tonight?" Jorge asked.

"Sure, not a problem." Delilah said.

"Alright. Well, let's get back to it." Vince said.

~~~~~~~~~~

The day went by so fast and it was now night time. The adults went to the front of everyone sitting around the bonfire, just like the other times.

"Good evening, everyone. We hope you're all doing well." Jorge said to their attention.

"We've called this bonfire because it was brought to our attention that it's been about a year living on the Safe Haven." Vince said.

Everyone started cheering for a few seconds. After settling down, the adults had the floor again.

"To celebrate, we thought it would be fun to divide up the celebration into three days worth of fun." Luke said.