6: Epilogue

Peter sighs as he laces up his skates and pulls the zipper of the Midtown Ice Arena-themed vest a little higher. He already hears the loud, happy noise coming from the locker rooms. It's not like he didn't teach any classes during Celebrity Spin-Off, but it's good to have more time for his students again.
"Mr. Parker, hi!" Peter turns around to see a young girl emerging from the locker room with a big, broad smile on her face. "You have to check out my double axel. I finally mastered the landing!" She's beaming with happiness, and it warms Peter's heart to see her enthusiasm. Before the TV show, she'd been nearly there- just... Just the final details had needed some work.
"Don't show me before you finish a proper warm-up though, go skate five laps first and do the regular routine. Can't wait to see it!" His encouraging words reach her, and with a big smile, she sets foot on the ice to prepare herself for today's class. Slowly, more and more students drop in, and before he knows it, the ice is rather filled. The next hour simply flies by.

-

Tony stares at the man presenting the current progress of the new project. Tony isn't sure he even heard a word the man said. He never quite realized just how much he despises working as the CEO of Stark Industries. It's tiring, having to make stupid business deals all the time. It's not like the results are any good. He never really cared, but... Oh well. Ever since he started to care for Peter, he's begun to care for other things in his life too.
A slight smile plays on his lips when he remembers Happy's face when he gave the man a raise that doubled his salary. He earned it, and Tony is done with being a greedy billionaire. He wants to do something else. His fingers itch to throw everything he has overboard and make a run for it. He doesn't know what he'll be heading for, though. He has no plan. No idea. He's never done something else, so how is he supposed to know?

"Mr. Stark, I would-"
"Wait," Tony sighs and shakes his head. "Look, boy, it isn't you. I bet your presentation is wonderful and that the progress is going according to plan- few bumps here and there, yada yada. I, however, won't be in charge of this deal." The surprised echo going through the room is everything. Tony eyes the man's name sign and grins.
"Michael, you've been working hard on this project. You know the revenue streams better than I do. If you want, I'll leave you in charge to execute any decision related to this project." The boy in front of the other people has a hard time to keep from crying. His eyes teary- filled with the recognition he's been wanting so much.
"T-Thank you, Mr. Stark, I don't know what I did, but I would very happily accept the offer." he stammers. Tony smirks.
"It's yours, fella."

Michael takes a deep breath before he continues his presentation. Nervous but bold when he tells the clients what his plans are. Tony nods to himself. That was the right call. He made someone very happy here, and he doesn't have to bother with it. He realizes he finally starts to trust people again. His employees. His friends, too. All because of Peter Parker with his ever-be-damned innocent puppy eyes.
He wishes he could see Peter again soon. The boy is immensely busy with teaching and catching up with his YouTube channel and own training. Even though Celebrity Spin-Off may have eliminated them for the race - leaving Clint and MJ to win - the bookings for Dancing On Ice have been off the charts. Everyone wants to get a glimpse of Peter Parker with their own eyes. Tony wishes he could spend more time with his boyfriend, but he's immensely proud of how the boy is doing. He's famous, famous for being himself and the thought alone has Tony feel proud.

They haven't seen each other in three weeks now. But Tony intends to surprise him tonight. Happy happily volunteered to be their chauffeur, and the restaurant had been more than excited to rearrange some tables to squeeze them in. Ned and MJ are a part of the secret plan, too, making sure Peter has the night off from something else.

-

"So, I've been meaning to ask you something for a long time now."
"Oh?"
"Why aren't you pursuing the Olympics? I may not be a professional, but I know enough about figure skating now to see you have the potential." Tony's voice is gentler than usual. Peter presses his lips together and casts his gaze down. The man knows he's treading on thin ice and it has Peter feeling understood and more at ease simultaneously. He knows he doesn't owe anyone an explanation. A simple "I don't feel like it" would suffice. Peter wants Tony to know, though. He's his boyfriend, for fuck's sake.