2: Heartbeat

Peter hums happily when he sinks into the soft, leather couch outside of the rink. Quentin Beck, the man that's been hosting Celebrity Spin-Off for nearly a decade now, is already waiting for them. He sends them both a charming smirk and waves the hand in which he's holding the mic to beckon them closer. Tony carefully skates towards the couch and lowers himself on it. It's funny how skating through the entire choreo feels solid, yet maneuvering to sit down feels unsteady and scary. He's panting. His muscles are tired and slightly sore. It doesn't matter to Tony. He's so happy he pulled this off.
"Woa-woa-woah!" Beck exclaims and shakes his head, grinning. "Tony Stark, now that was a delightful surprise! Give it up for our favorite CEO, everyone!" The public cheers and whistles and applauds, and as much as Tony is used to being in the center of attention, this sure hits differently. People are cheering for something he's done all by himself. No inheriting something from his crazy rich, crazy stoic father. No. Tony laughs and blows a little kiss towards the camera, mouthing a quick 'thank you'.

Beck shifts in his seat, crossing his right ankle over his left thigh. He smiles, waiting for the applause to die down.
"Tell us, Tony. How are you feeling?" Tony leans in toward the mic.
"Fucking amazing- Peter and I have been training for so long. It's so rewarding to finally show off what he taught me." Peter glances and bites down his lip nervously.
"What about you, Peter? Rumor has it that you're a big fan of Tony Stark, did he meet your expectations in real life?" Tony whips his head around in surprise. What? Peter never told him that piece of information before. He makes a mental note to ask him about it at a later time. Peter nods timidly.
"Tony's a great dude. He trains harder than some of my fellow professional skaters, and well, as eh, as you could see, he's really picked up some skills here."
"Well, let's dive right into this." Beck presses into his earpiece to show the audience he's getting information from backstage. Then, he turns his head to stare at the large projector screen behind them.
"Twitter seems to have been blown away by your performance- as have I. You two killed it out there!" Beck licks his lips as he waits for the screen to pull up the Twitter feed. Tony squints and looks up at it too, reading along while Beck speaks.

Stark has the hots for Peter, pass it on! #StarkOnIce

.

That was both hot and adorable. These lovestruck dorks are everything.

.

We stan #Starker, let's get this trending folks!

Tony can't quite believe it. He knew this would happen no matter how good or bad their performance. This tops everything though.

"So Tony, now tell us everything. How long have you two been dating?" Beck jests and barks out a laugh. Tony sniffs, tilting his head. He's not sure if he likes the direction of this conversation but he knows he has to play along. This is still entertainment after all.
"I have yet to ask him on a first date, Quentin," he says jokingly and leans in as if to be secretive. "Should I opt for roses or gardenias?" The audience laughs out loud, and Tony grins- glad he made the right call. He nudges Peter next to him, trying to ease the kid's apparent nerves. He gets it. Peter is used to the spotlights while performing. Never outside of the rink.
"I wish I knew, Stark, I wish I knew," Beck retorts. "On a more serious note-" The projector screen turns dark. "-that was quite a routine for a first-time figure skater. What's your secret?"

Tony just stares at Peter for a second. It's not even on purpose, and he doesn't realize he's doing it until the crowd breaks into loud cheering once more. He presses his lips together. He knew that asking for a male partner would... Provoke a reaction. This is a bit more than he expected. Before either of them have a chance to respond, Beck continues.
"Alright, time to call for our next contestants, our favorite Olympics archery champion Clint Barton and his lovely partner Michelle! Give it up for Tony Stark and Peter once more!"