14. Confidence

Leo

I sat in my usual spot at the table, staring down at the steaming cup of coffee that had been placed in front of me. 

It's been a day since Andrew and I had a run in with the three members of Perseus' army. I tightened my grip on the handle of the cup as I thought about how stupid and reckless I had been. 

If it wasn't for Andrew's quick thinking, then we would have been apprehended on the spot and delivered to Perseus. 

I sighed and lifted the cup of coffee to my lips. Gods, I'm so useless. 

Speaking of useless, I had three more days left to master the powers I had gained from the Primordial's blessings. So far, I can confidently say that I'm able to use the abilities from Hemera and Aether, along with the abilities from Thalassa, pretty well. 

As for the powers given to me by Eros and Ananke...... 

Let's just say I haven't been able to discover exactly what powers I had gained from their blessings. 

I remembered the conversation I had with Malcolm about this exact issue, and he told me that I had most likely received some sort of ability to charmspeak from Eros, considering that he was the Primordial version of Aphrodite. 

Now don't get me wrong, I had tried multiple times to charmspeak. There was one time where I tried to command Connor Stoll to steal something from Katie, but he had given me a weird look in return. 

Shit, if only I had longer! What were the Primordial's thinking? How could they possibly expect me to be able to use my new powers in a week

And to top it all off, they expect me to be able to hold my own against Perseus! The guy who had five years to master his abilities that were given to him by the other half of the Primordial Council. 

The guy who was able to defeat thirteen Gods and Goddesses in a fight. 

How the Hades do they expect me to fight a monster like that!? I'm going to die! 

For a second fucking time! 

I sighed as I leaned back in my seat. At this point, I might as well sign my own death warrant. 

"What's with that face, Valdez?" A familiar voice asked suddenly. I yelped in surprise and nearly spilled coffee all over my shirt. 

I glanced up to meet a pair of blue eyes that belonged to a certain obnoxious son of Khione. 

His lips curved up into a smirk as he walked around the table to enter the small kitchen. I glared daggers at his back as I put the cup of coffee down. "You ass." 

Andrew hummed in response as he opened a cupboard. My eye twitched and I resisted the urge to throw coffee at him. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked instead, and Andrew closed the cupboard before turning to face me. He was holding a packet of chips in his hand, and I honestly had no idea how Malcolm and the other remaining demigods got their hands on these snacks and drinks without getting caught. 

Not that I was complaining. 

Andrew ripped open the packet of chips and said "What, is there a problem? I was just hungry. I would like it if we were able to go and grab a bite to eat in the city, but that wouldn't be wise." 

I scoffed as I pushed my chair back and got to my feet, snatching the coffee cup from the table. "If you want to get captured and executed, then go ahead. I'm not going to save you." 

"I just said that wouldn't be wise. Were you not listening to me?" 

How am I friends with this guy!?