4. Reunion

Leo

The blonde and I appeared in the middle of an empty park. I blinked, stunned at what I had just done. 

I had somehow managed to teleport us away from the people that were chasing the blonde. 

I let go of the blonde's arm and he stepped away from me, his eyes narrowing. "What the Hades did you just do?" 

I rubbed at the back of my neck awkwardly and said "Honestly, I'm not exactly sure. I teleported us here, somehow."

The blonde raised an eyebrow. "I know you're a fire user, Leo. Since when could you teleport?" 

I raised my hands in a timeout gesture. "Hold up. You seem to know who I am, but I have no idea who you are. You do look familiar though, and you do look like Annabeth." 

The blonde flinched when I mentioned Annabeth's name. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm Malcolm, Annabeth's half brother. But how are you here? Everyone said you died when you sacrificed yourself to defeat Gaea." 

Now it was my turn to flinch when he mentioned how I had died. "Yeah, you're right. I did die, I was in Elysium. And that makes sense, I knew you looked familiar." 

Malcolm's eyes widened slightly. "H-How are you-" 

"You know how half of the Primordial council blessed Percy?" I asked, interrupting him. He nodded slowly, and I took a deep breath before continuing.

"Well, I was taken from Elysium by a Primordial. To be exact, it was Eros, the Primordial of Love. He took me to meet four other Primordials: Aether, the Primordial of Light, Thalassa, the Primordial of the Seas, Ananke, the Primordial of Fate, and Hemera, the Primordial of Day."

I stopped and saw that Malcolm was staring at me like I was an alien. "Hey! This can't be too surprising! Percy's been visited by Primordials too!" 

The son of Athena simply gestured at me to finish my story, and I glared at him before obliging. 

"So basically, they told me that they had brought me back from the dead and that they had made me immortal. They did that because they needed someone to fight Percy after Nico had failed to defeat him." 

Malcolm lowered his gaze, a scowl appearing on his face. "I was part of Nico's army. We simply weren't able to win. Percy's army was too strong. I left the battlefield the instant I got the chance to because I didn't want to die, and while I fled, Nico and some others went to fight Percy. I'm a coward."  

I bit my lip before walking up to him and patting his shoulder. "Listen, you aren't a coward. I'm sure Nico knew that he probably wasn't going to be able to defeat Percy. But he still tried, and you tried to fight as well. That's what matters." 

Malcolm didn't say anything for a few seconds before he suddenly pulled me into a hug. "Thank you, Leo. That means a lot to me." 

I smiled and hugged him back. "No problem." 

I felt a little awkward, due to the fact that I didn't really know Malcolm too well. I remembered seeing him lead the Athena cabin during the war with Gaea since Annabeth was fighting with us, the Seven. But I don't think I had spoken to him at all back then. 

As we broke apart, Malcolm grinned at me. "So, you said the Primordials bought you back to life because they needed someone to fight against Percy. I'm assuming they gave you their blessings?" 

I nodded in confirmation. "You got it. But, I have a massive problem. I only get a week to figure out how to use the abilities I had gotten from the Primordials blessings. That isn't enough time at all!"