8. Combat

Nico

I sat in the small, dusty room that Percy had given me after I had been forced to work for him. The room was practically empty except for a small bathroom and the mattress that I slept on.

I glared at the door at the opposite side of the room. The door was always locked, and I only leave my room when I need to provide assistance in the training arena.

Sighing, I brought my legs up to my chest and thought about Will. The last time I had seen him was when we were utterly defeated by Percy.

I looked down at the floor, my thoughts switching to wondering what had happened to the other demigods of the rebel army. I knew Artemis, Athena and my father had been taken in to be slaves.

I gritted my teeth as I remembered what Percy had told me about what he had done to three Gods.

Artemis and Athena were assigned to be Jake and Alex's personal slaves, and my father was to be Percy's personal slave, along with Poseidon.

What bullshit. My cousin already has a slave, why does he need two?

That bastard.

I curled my fingers into a fist before stiffening as I heard footsteps approaching. I looked up to hear the lock click, and my door swung open.

Standing in front of me was none other than Percy Jackson. He was dressed in a black t-shirt that showed off the muscles in his arms, and black jeans.

Accompanying him was a familiar demigod with blonde hair. My eyes widened slightly as Will smiled at me.

"Get in." Percy said, grabbing Will by the arm and shoving him towards me. He stumbled, but I jumped up to steady him.

Once I made sure Will was okay, I narrowed my eyes at the King of Olympus. "You didn't have to push him like that. After all, you did almost kill him."

Percy rolled his eyes as he leaned against the doorframe. "I did, yes. But I healed him, and you knew that I could have left him to die. So drop it."

I bit my tongue in an effort to prevent myself from cursing at him. The man in front of me could, in fact, kill both of us instantly if he wanted to.

"Why did you bring him here?" I asked after I had calmed myself down. Percy smirked as he crossed his arms against his chest. "Isn't it obvious? He's going to be staying here with you."

My mouth dropped open and Will made a noise of surprise.

Percy chuckled at our reactions and said "I'm running out of spare rooms. So I decided to throw him in here with you, Nico. Hope you don't mind."

I wanted to tell him that I do mind, but in reality, I didn't. Having Will in here with me was actually going to make me feel a lot better.

"No." I muttered. "I don't mind."

Percy's eyes glinted and he nodded before turning to leave. As he was closing the door, he said "If you do end up having sex in here, please keep it down. I don't want to receive any noise complaints."

My face turned red and Percy closed the door behind him. I heard the lock click once more and Percy's footsteps retreated down the hall.

"That bastard!" I shouted the instant he had left. "He's so-Ugh!"

Will sat down on my mattress, his gaze glued to the door. "Just leave it. He put me in here with you for a reason."

I turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Really?"