Chapter one| a one night stand |

"Another please!"

Glasses clinked as a cup full of foul liquid slid across the greased counter and into the sweaty palms of the 18 year old girl.

"Don't you think you've had enough?" a 19 year old stranger smirked, watching her gulping down the contents. "Your underage anyway, shouldn't be drinking that stuff." 

She pushed the empty cup away from her. "But your drinking," she argued groggily. 

The stranger rolled his eyes, sipping from his clear cup. "That's because I'm an adult," he sighed. "Your what? sixteen?"

"eighteen!" she corrected, tucking back her golden hair. "And you are?" 

Smirking, "A stranger," he said, before slamming his empty cup to the table. He than began to eye the drunk girl up and down, and quickly noticed how pretty she was.

"Well.... stranger..." the drunken girl smiled, getting up from her seat. "The name's Heartfillia."

"Lucy Heartfillia." 

***

"LUCYYYYYYY!"

I groaned into my pillow, turning sides in annoyance. 

"LUCYYYYYYYYY!" 

"ugh!" I wailed dramatically. "What does it take to get some sleep in this house?!" 

Groggily, I rolled out of bed and opened my bedroom door to see Cana Alberona standing in front of me, with her hands on her hips.

"I called you a thousand times - you are NOT, and I repeat , NOT, making me late on my first day at school!" she badgered. 

I rubbed my eyes, big mistake , I got to see her pathetic face. "Correction, our first day," I yawned. "And get a grip, nobody is going to notice you anyway." 

Before she could say anything back, I closed the door on her angered face just before she yelled at the top of her lungs, 

"DADDYYYYYYYYYYYY!" 

I rolled my eyes. Cana was my step sister , not my half sister. My mother, Layla Heartfillia , married Guildarts, a famous writer. Mother and I moved to Fiore, into one of his large mansions and our lives changed for the better - or so we thought. 

It wasn't long till mother and Guildarts started getting to arguments, as Guildarts kept going overseas for 'work businesses' leaving mother to look after Cana and I. Which is unfair, cuz Cana is the equivalent to 12 pre schoolers. 

Preppy? or cute?

I sighed at the mirror, debating between two outfits, when there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in!"

My mother pushed open the door to see me standing half naked behind two outfits. "Look at my big girl," she burst. "Finally entering college."

"Mom!" I groaned, as she sat on my Queen sized bed behind me. "I don't know what to wear! Not that it matters."

"Lucy its just clothes-

"clothes are first impressions mom!" I cried, sitting beside her. There was a brief silence, as I watched mother play with her fingers. 

"mom... why did you marry Guildarts?" 

"It's father to you-

"He's not my father!" I interrupted. I sighed. "Its just... we were happier without him... them." 

"Lucy..." my mother started. 

"no mom," I interrupted again. "I'm fed up of listening to you and Guildarts arguing every night and Cana- Cana is just a spoilt bi-

"Lucy stop!" Mother ordered. I shut my mouth, and a sudden guilt spiked my chest. "I love Guildarts okay, and Cana..." 

I bit my lip. "Cana is just a spoilt brat don't ya think," she muttered in my ear. We both giggled, I loved my mom, she was the only person keeping me sane in this house. 

But I promised, I'd get through it, for mom. 

"Oh and," she said, getting up to leave. " best to go cute, looks like your not trying too hard." Then closed the door behind her. 

"Cute it is then," I sighed, pushing away the preppy outfit reluctantly. 

***

quickly, I pulled on my shoes, hopping on one leg to tie my laces, as the car honked loudly outside the door. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" 

I rushed out of the house, closing the door shut before climbing into the car seat. Cana rolled her eyes in annoyance, as she budged over a few inches. I raised my eyebrows. 

"You think I'm fat?" I questioned. 

"When was the last time you set foot on a weighing scale?" 

I looked over to the driver who eyed the mirror, minding his own business. "Y...Y...You heard that, right?" I stammered, as the car started. "Right!" 

Sulking, I sunk back into the seat , and stared out the window to wherever the car was taking me.

***

"Bye loser," Cana smirked pushing past me. Rolling my eyes, I followed her through the gates of Fairytail College. It was a maze, as students walked busily with their heads down as if they had somewhere to go. 

Fairytail academy was one of the best colleges in Fiore, where students turn out to be the best of the best. Getting in is really hard... unless u can afford it.

Then all of a sudden I felt strong shove and I fell to the floor with a thud, tearing the hem of my skirt. 

"Great," I muttered, looking up to see who the person I was going to hate for the rest of the year. 

"Sorry," a salmon haired guy smiled down at me  nervously.

 I looked up... that voice...

Those dark brown eyes and cheeky smile, and all of a sudden the memories flashed back to me. 

"You!" 

The boy looked confused but then suddenly realised. 

"Heartfillia?"