chapter 20 | friends ? |

I was always a star. My father always told me that the moment I was born, I was so bright that he cried. He told me that I wouldn't stop crying, and that only when he held me I would calm down and fall asleep.

"My little star," he'd mutter, rocking me side to side.

It was always mother, father and me. I never really had any other siblings, only cousins, loads of cousins. When I was 5, my father used to always take me to the beach where he would always pretend to be a shark and I would run away screaming.

Mother was always busy, taking phone calls and locking herself in her office in the house. She always looked stressed out.

"mommy, mommy, play with me!" I chanted, dancing around her.

But she would always brush me off muttering, "not now Lucy, I'm busy," she hushed. I sulked, walking off to go sulk in a corner.

Father was barely home, in fact it was mostly always me and mother in the house. It was pretty boring and lonely being the only child, and when father came back (usually at night) he was always too tired or stunk of booze.

Until one night, I was trying to sleep but mother and father were arguing. loudly. I couldn't hear what they were saying... I didn't want to hear what they were saying. I stuffed my head under the bed covers.

The sound of a harsh slap pierced the silence, and the weeping of my mother shortly after. There were thumps, as heavy footsteps grew louder. I heard my mother climb the stairs, to which I shut my eyes pretending to be asleep.

There was silence for a few minutes, then the footsteps went quieter. Quickly, I jumped out of bed and opened the bedroom door, peeking through the gap. I held my breath, before creeping onto th landing and leaning over the bannister.

My face turned ghost white. Splatters of red blood stained the polished floor and a broken glass shattered. My mouth moved but no sound came out. The sound of footsteps approached and I ran to my bed, shutting my eyes tight.

I heard the door open, and the faint sound of deep breathing. I tried to keep as still and calm as possible, but my heart was thumping in my chest like a drum.

"My little star," a voice muttered, and I felt a wet kiss on my cheek.

That was the last words I heard of my father.

my little star

present time

Levy p.o.v

"Hello?"

"hello? I'm here to see Lucy... lucy heartfilia?"

"Are you family or s-

"I'm her BEST FRIEND!"

"I'm afraid I can't let you in-

I felt someone push past me, and I saw a blur of pink hair. A tall boy slammed his hands on the desk and looked the woman in the eye. She looked up unamused.

"Is Lucy Heartfillia admitted in this hospital?" he demanded.

The nurse sighed. "I already told you, you have to be a member of the -

Natsu smirked. "Would it help if I told you that my name is Natsu?" the nurse stared blankly.

"Natsu Dragneel ?"

Natsu P.o.V

I burst through the doors of the hospital, to see Lucy being wheeled into a room. Levy was close behind, with Erza following after her.

"Lucy..." I muttered. I followed her into the room. The doctors didn't attempt to even stop me as I looked down at her still body. "Is she still... alive?" I breathed.

The doctors turned to me and nodded. "She's breathing fine, she just took a sharp hit to her head and is in a coma."

"But she will be wake up right?" Erza faltered.

The doctor looked up into our eyes with concern. "We can only do the best we can from the other side."

Levy burst into tears, as Erza comforted her. "Can I stay with her... just for a little bit?" I asked. The doctors nodded, Levy looked up.

"You better not do anything, " she hissed at me. "Just cuz she's unconscious doesn't mean she consents!"

She and Erza left the room, and soon after the doctors, leaving Lucy and me alone.

"Ya know... we didn't get a chance to finish our conversation earlier." I started, sitting beside her bed. "When I asked you if you loved me...you never gave me an answer."

I sighed, feeling stupid for talking to myself. Then with a big breath, I turned to her, my face flushing.

"Well I love you Lucy Heartfillia!" I announced, standing up.

As if on cue, her eyes fluttered open. My heart thumped, as I fell to my chair. She turned, her eyes looking into mine with a sparkle. I smiled at her.

"Hey, I'm Natsu," I grinned.

"Want to be friends?"

...to be continued

***

AND THATS THE END OF THE BOOK PEOPLE!

LOL, okay okay, there will obviously be a sequel coming out very soon called 'We're not Dating', which is a continuation of this book! Let me let you on a little secret... this is actually a trilogy! So be expecting not only one new book but TWO!

great right?

i hope you enjoyed this book! Hope to see you in the next series and don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT - it really motivates me!

- pluto