Chapter 1: Dormant

Izuku trudged sadly under the bridge home. He could deal with the regular taunts, and the shoving in the corridors. The only thing he couldn't handle was Kacchan.

  Once his best friend, Katsuki Bakugo had become his worst tormentor. His explosion quirk was strong and flashy, and his intelligence and looks were sharp and refined. He was perfect hero material, giving him a free pass to do whatever he wanted really.

  Earlier today though, he'd crossed a line that finally truly hurt the greenette.

  "Go take a swan dive off the roof, and hope for a quirk in your next life!"

  Izuku wiped the tears from his face, sniffing sadly.

  He didn't notice the murky green sludge oozing from the manhole he passed.

  He didn't hear the villain chuckle to itself, glad to finally find a place to hide.

  He did notice the weight that crashed down on him, the disgusting sludge forcing it's way into his mouth, his nostrils and his ears.

  "Don't worry kid, it'll only hurt for a second. I never thought he'd be here! You're a real hero to me pal!" The villain said.

  Izuku struggled within the cloudy murk, but his arms were pinned, and he could barely keep his eyes open.

  The edges of his vision began to go dark. Big black splotches dotted his vision, and he felt light headed.

  He felt several vibrations through the floor, echoing into his feet.

  And then, in a voice loud enough to pierce the fog in his mind, a voice cried out.

  "TEXAS... SMASH!!!"

  The slime vanished from his face, getting splattered across the walls instead by the great wind pressure.

  Izuku's blurry vision and foggy mind had time to think one last thing before he lost consciousness.

  *All.. Might?*

  Izuku awoke to the number one hero, his idol, the all powerful All Might himself gently patting his cheek.

  "Kid! Thank goodness you're awake! I was beginning to get worried!" The legend himself said.

  Izuku stared in shock.

  It was All Might, in the flesh.

  "I'm so sorry for getting in the way!" He said, standing and bowing to his hero.

  The man chuckled.

  "You don't need to apologize young man, it was in no way your fault. It's due to my error that you were hurt, and for that I apologize! However, I'm afraid I must go and deliver this guy to the police!" He said, patting his pockets where two sludge filled bottles were nestled.

   Izuku watched the hero leap into the distance, admiration glittering in his eyes. He looked around, noticing his burned notebook laying neatly next to where he was.

  Izuku opened the notebook on a whim, flipping through the pages.

  He stopped at the very middle page spread, the paper undamaged from Kacchan's explosion from earlier.

  Scrawled in full capital letters was ALL MIGHT and a sketch of the hero's commanding eyebrows.

  Izuku practically skipped down the empty street, clutching the notebook to his chest.

  An explosion ripped through the buildings a street over, gathering a crowd of onlookers just a few meters away from Izuku.

  He joined the crowd, listening for any information on the situation. He wondered what hero would turn up to help, but surprisingly there were already heroes there, just watching the large mass wreathed in smoke and fire.