𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

• • •

• • •

How many funerals can

someone attend to

before they turn nineteen?

• • •

–Eden–

"I thought they wouldn't allow us to go," Alec confessed when we they getting ready to leave Grimmauld Place to rescue Harry Potter. There was a permanent frown on his face now, only ever leaving when he was alone in a room with Eden; too many people made him on edge. 

"Did you really think they had a choice?" Eden asked the boy, a silly look in her eyes. "Come one, Alec,  Dumbledore has us here for a reason. Not just sit around and entertain the Weasleys."

"I know that, but Mrs. Weasley doesn't," Alec said with a hard glare. Eden narrowed her eyed at the boy, gathering her dagger from the bottom of her trunk. "Come one, Eden, the woman wants us gone! She hates us!"

"Does it look like I care, Alec?" Eden asked, putting the knife she was holding down.  "I could take down that woman in three seconds flat." 

"That's someone's mother you're talking about," Alec said, glaring even harder before his eyes softened at her. "I'm just saying; we have to be careful around that woman before she has us thrown back into Bulgaria with Apollo and Kiara." 

"The second they do they'll realise their deadly mistake," Eden shrugged, unbothered as she strapped a blade to her thigh and a sword across her back. "And I won't help." 

"You're only lying to yourself there, Gracie," Alec commented as he opened the door for the hallway.

"Don't call me Gracie," Eden ordered, glaring at the boy. He gave her a cheeky grin as they both walked downstair to were Potter's rescue team was. 

Waiting besides the door were Kingsley Shacklebolt, Alastor Moody, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Emmeline Vance, Elphias Doge, Hestia Jones, Sturgis Podmore, and Dedalus Diggle.

"Took you long enough," grumbled Moody, making them both glared at the man.

"Well, forgive us, it isn't easy to pack this safely!" Eden said, picking out a knife out of her back pocket. 

"Put that away!" urged Lupin. "Those aren't toys, Eden."

"Well, I know that," she said, as if she was speaking to a child. Alec rolled his eyes at her whilst Lupin merely stared warily at the blonde. 

"Get a broom, everyone," Mad-eye ordered.

Alec and Eden mounted their brooms with the rest of the guard, and took off to the sky.

———

"Stay high!" Moody barked at the guard once they were up in the air. "We don't want to attract any muggle attention!"

The guard flew through the sky until the houses under them came into view. Slowly, one by one, and on Moody's command, they circled the Dursley's house before landing. For security reasons, Alec and Eden stood before everyone else, much to Moody's disapproval.

Eden tried the handle, and after noticing it was locked, she flicked her wrist and it opened on her command. She could hear the astonished gasp that from behind her, but she ignored it as she gathered her knife in one hand and pushed the door opened with Alec by her side. 

After them, the group slowly walked into the dark quiet house; no sound could be heard from inside. 

That is until someone tripped over a can of umbrellas, making both Alec and Eden to whip around and point the tips of their daggers to the person's neck. They both flinched when they realised it was Tonks; her eyes shocked as she stared at the knifes being pointed at her.  

"Tonks! Grace! Aspen!" Moody hissed. The rest of the guard was eyeing the dagger carefully. Eden sighed, lowering her dagger from Tonk's throat. 

"Sorry, Tonks. Reflects," Alec explained, shrugging,  once he too, lowered his weapons. "And Moody, my surname isn't 'Aspen'." He added, Moody waved him off. 

Eden turned on her spot, not bothering with an apology as she walked further into the house. 

There was a sound of new footsteps coming down the stairs, and the silhouette of a fifteen-year-old boy came into view with his wand at the ready. Quickly, Eden moved to him and using the shadows to her advantage, she took the wand right out of the boy's hand. 

"Eden!" Someone screamed, but the girl was too busy as she grabbed the boy by the collar of his shirt and dragged him down the stair before forcing him on his knees in front of the guard. 

"Is this him?" She wondered, standing behind him as she tilted his head backwards forcefully; her knife in her other hand pointed at his throat. 

"Eden, let him go!" Lupin urged her, his wand in front of him as if he was going to attack her. However, Alec stepped between them, and Eden could only imagine the snarl that had taken his face. 

"Lower your wand before I snap it in half," he growled, his voice low and dangerous. The guard recoiled, taken a step back as Lupin lowered his wand. "No one threatens Eden, we clear?" 

"Yes, yes; you're the best friend a girl could ask for," Eden waved him off as if he was playing, her hold on the boy not loosening. "Can someone tell me if this is Harry Potter or can I kill him?" 

"No killing anyone!" Lupin shouted once more, his eyes nervous as he assessed the image before him. 

"For now," Eden shrugged, tilting the boy's face so she could connect her eyes with his. "Who are you?" 

"I'm - I'm Harry!" the boy pushed out, his green eyes scared. "Harry Potter!" 

"And what if I was after you, boy!" She said, letting go off his hair as she pushed him away from her. "Would you have shown yourself that easily?" 

"I-" 

"Never you mind," she groaned, walking besides Alec as she addressed the guard. "Now that we're here, things are done out way. Yes?" 

The guard remained quiet, all looking at Moody as Harry Potter stumbled oddly onto Remus Lupin. 

"When Eden asks a questions she gets answers," Alec barked besides her, his snarl growing even more. "And she won't get them by saying please."

"They know we're in charge, Alec," Eden sighed, rolling her eyes at the guard who seemed completely useless for rescue missions. "They just don't liked to be bossed around by children remember?" 

The members of the Order continued to stay quiet, so Eden spoke again, "Now, Potter, introductions," she clapped her hands like a giddy school girl before she skipped towards him. "I'm Eden and that angry looking boy over there is Alec; we're officially your body guards so anyone try and kill you, you come to us, got it?" 

"Professor Lupin-"

"Ah," Alec shushed him, walking besides Eden and wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "First mistake, Potter. We're in charge of you now so any questions you ask us." 

"They're right, Harry," Lupin sighed, defeated. "Dumbledore assigned them to you personally." 

"We'll have some fun, won't we, Potter?"