☕️ Beachwood cafe ☕️

Day before the headlines

June 6, 2017

Louis felt the burning glass on his hand before he felt the sting of the warm tea sliding down his throat. He felt the eyes on him before he felt the cameras flashing outside the small cafe. He felt the cushion under him deflating before he felt the uncomfortable hardwood of the rustic wooden chair. He felt the presence of joy before he saw the curls stepping up to the creaking door. He felt nervousness before he heard the thud of familiar boots getting closer. He felt care before he saw the now somber green eyes. He felt love before he met the monster he now created.

Harry placed his paper cup down before he slid into the poorly cushioned chair across from Louis. He didn't look up for a few minutes, but when he finally did, Louis felt everything crashing over him,"hey, lou."

Louis' heart broke. He felt himself slouch over his tea, his eyes squeezing tears into the dark liquid,"I-I'm so sorry."

And suddenly Harry was on the other side of the table, crouched beside the crying man. Louis thought Harry couldn't make him feel worse, but somehow here he was. Making him feel even worse for threatening such a sweet creature with the words and actions he put on Harry. Because truthfully Harry wasn't the bad guy here. He didn't do anything. He couldn't. That's just who Harry is. Look at him now, helping the guy who hid his own child from him because he was breaking down at the sight of the same eyes he's seen for the past few months on a small human.

Harry wrapped his arms around the shaking body,"Louis, stop. You can't take anymore ing back. We've just gotta move forward. Okay?"

Louis nodded, making sure not to get snot or saliva on harrys black shirt. Harry nodded to himself and sat down beside Louis this time. Louis' tired eyes finally looked up to him. He couldn't help but release a soft laugh,"you got a haircut...."

Harry smiled because he hadn't heard that giggle in so long,"yeah..." he released quietly,"I'm gonna be in a movie." He saw Louis crinkle his nose,"does it look stupid?" He brought a hand up to the barely there strands.

"No, it was just curlier when you walked in."

Harry took a sip of his coffee,"well believe it or not. It's bloody humid here."

Louis hummed, looking to his large hands resting on the red cup. He noticed chipped off black paint on his left hand,"...you painted your fingernails..." he glanced up to the nervous twitch of the mans lips.

"Yeah....but they said I couldn't have them painted for the movie..." he smiled towards his hand,"I have changed a lot, Lou. I made new friends. Released an album- which you apparently listened to"he smirked at Louis' blush,"did I tell you about the movie? I met Tom hardy...how bout that? Gonna be fighting wars and shit." He scrunched his nose.

Louis shook his head with a laugh,"I'm so proud of you, haz." He whispered it with sincerity.

The barista tapped her feet over to the table, placing a bread basket at the edge. They silently shared a bowl of butter and finished off their tea and coffee. Louis' thoughts drifted off, wondering what it'd be like if it were him, Harry and Freddie here right now. They'd enjoy soup bowls and laugh as a family and share stories about there day-

"Can I meet him, Louis?"

Louis exhaled a big breath of air towards the table,"yeah....you deserve it."