Another chapter⚡️

I really hope this doesn't suck.

That picture^^ is just there because it's frickin adorable.

————————————

*louis' pov*

Louis couldn't sleep. He was going to become a dad.
The little boy in his belly would open his eyes to the bright world soon. A papa, or at least that's what he wants to be called.

Maybe he should be happy, but he's not. He's stressed. He is going to be a dad. But not only that, he is going to be a dad on his own. So maybe he is told he should be overjoyed, but he physically can't be.

The love of his life, the only person he could ever imagine a life with, left him. He gave up. Only he didn't realize how much he was giving up. Not even the boys knew. He did plan on telling Harry, he really did, but the curly headed boy broke it off before he could. In fact, the day he had found out about the pregnancy. They'd been through so much but it's all down the drain now. Harry was a coward. He knew the hiatus would make their relationship harder. With the distance, the secrets, the rivalry, management.

Louis has got himself out of the group as quickly as possible, not even staying for their last boys night. He was afraid of all the questions.

Why aren't you drinking?

Are you feeling okay?

Where is Harry?

Louis didn't know the answer to that one.

Sighing, he turned his body, head rested on his arm, staring at the blank Tv screen. The running of the ceiling fan and the creaks of the bed did not make his depressed state better. Sure, he was comfortable. In fact, more comfortable than he'd been in a while. It was hard to sleep without arms around him, warmth from another body behind him.

He couldn't do this anymore. He pushed himself out of his bed, and walked over to his balcony, grabbing one of Harry's jackets on the way. He carefully pushed the door open, not wanting to wake his family members.

His porch was small, the many lights providing a path to the woven, rocking chair. He pulled on the large jacket, wrapping it around his body as he sat down.

He let his head rest on the back of the chair, taking in his surroundings. It was a summer night so the wind was light and relaxing. The trees were swaying making the smallest of racket. The chimes were hitting softly every few seconds. The neighbors dogs were barking all around, almost as though they were having a conversation. Every once and a while he'd hear the motor of a car driving by on the highway.

He stared at his lightning-bug-in-a-jar like lights, listening to heaven (by Kane brown) being quietly played in the background from his neighbors house.

He felt his fluffy, orange cat rub against his leg before jumping up in his lap and cuddling into his side. He smiled slightly and let his hand fall to its soft fur, the purr vibrating through his arm.

He was finally content for once. Not happy but content. He'd pause this moment and stay in it forever if he could.

Only the perfect moment didn't last long. His thoughts soon came back and he just needed to cry. He hated crying, it was like admitting his defeat.

But this was too much.

At the feeling of a first teardrop on his cheek, he stood up and walked back into the house. Only this time, he didn't go back to his room. He shuffled his way to his moms open door, peeking in. When he could see the lump of a person on the bed, he crawled onto it, snuggled into his moms open arms and quietly cried to her.