Change

Connie is a levelheaded woman. She takes things in steps. She is the embodiment of calm and collected. Smart and cunning.

But things change when Steven is around.

One could even comment that she herself changes when Steven is around.

Connie believes it to be purely logic; what human woman wouldn't change in some way for an attractive Diamond Prince whom she adores? It's common sense. Or, that's what she tells herself.

It's not like it's a questionable or concerning change, no! She's just as fond of the way she acts with Steven as she is with any other of her best friends, parents, or even stranger. But Steven... he makes her change. He makes her wild.

And there's nothing wrong with a little change.

"I feel ridiculous," Connie groaned from inside their walk in closet, patting her shoulders impatiently, yearning for straps of some or any sort. She looked down at her perky breasts and groaned again.

Evening gowns weren't particularly a favorite of hers, and therefore attending the Modern Ball of Era 4 the Diamonds were holding wasn't exactly peaking her excitement. She sighs, feeling like a doll in her 'little black dress'. Steven coaxes her into the room impatiently and she sighs.

The moment of truth.

Connie nervously pokes her head out, her body slowly following behind her and Steven lets out a low whistle. His eyes visibly widen and have stars in them as he stands up slowly. He takes slow steps, smiling unmercifully as he stops in front of the young woman before him.

Connie shifts in embarrassment and hugs herself, "Do I look ridiculous as I feel?"

Steven almost outright laughs at the ridiculous suggestion, but he just grins instead. He takes Connies upper arms in his large hands and takes a look at her up close. "Look at you, Berry," he mumbles dreamily. Connie turns her head away, looking to the floor sheepishly. He thinks she looks lovely, but she is almost laughable in her discomfort and insecurity.

"This dress is..." Connie pauses, trying to look for the word. "Bad."

"Incredible?" Steven says simultaneously, taking her lips with his own. He smiles into her mouth as she sighs lightly, pleased with the warmth of him she has come to adore.

She pulls back gently, looking into Stevens face fully for the first time since she'd exited their closet.

"I was also going to say overbearing, but if you insist." Connie grins begrudgingly, eyes dancing playfully.

"Overbearing, hm?" Steven lowers his voice an octave, swaying the woman in his arms gently. "That's quite the vocabulary word." Connie giggles. "Seriously, though," He admits, his voice suddenly hoarse with lust, "You look edible."

Connie raises an eyebrow and tries to hold back a smile.

"Incredible." He corrects himself in a way that makes the woman wonder if he did that on purpose. No matter, he thought she was beautiful. Incredible. Edible.

She almost melts, muttering her sincere thanks as her lover litters kisses down her jaw line, undeniably leaving marks. She reaches for his face then, bringing his searching lips onto hers.

She revels in just how hot his mouth is. And, by extent, his body. It warms her own and she whimpers in delight. She wonders if hers felt cool to him, but she believes it must. Connies pondering comes to an end when Stevens tongue begins to explore her mouth, running his tongue over her upper lip, over her own tongue, taking in the taste of her lip gloss and the genuine feel of Connie Mahaswaren.

A moment passes and Stevens movements begin to become disjointed, almost teasingly so, and he takes Connies hands before kissing each knuckle.

"We should go," he points out, whispering sweet nothings into the air as he caressed each of Connies ebony fingers. "We'll be late if we don't leave soon."

Connie almost moans, but instead takes only one step forward. Steven, being in the presence of the woman he lusts and loves for constantly, can't help but notice how her leg skirts out of the cut in her dress and the way her peep toe stilettos make it that much more welcoming.

She pecks his lips, grasping tightly to the collar on the jacket of his suit, peering up at him seductively. Steven returns the gesture, holding firmly to Connies waist as she leans her weight onto him, their noses almost touching.

Almost close enough to taste.

"Or," Connie suggested thoughtfully, placing a kiss to Stevens neck as he nuzzles into her hair. "We could just stay in."

He chuckles, pulling back slightly. "As sure as I am that your dress looks just as good off as it does on, I'm sure the Diamonds would be disappointed should we miss the party."

Connie huffed in disappointment as Steven picked her overcoat off the rack, helping her slip in each arm.

"Though," he whispers, kissing deeply on Connies left shoulder before allowing her elbow to continue its way down the sleeve. "I have no opposition to what we may do after the party."

She smiled in front of Steven, stealing a glance back to meet a grin of his very own.

"Okay," Connie agreed reluctantly.

Steven responds with a flash of pink in his eyes, a warning as much as a promise before opening the door for her and leading her out into the hall. The couple engage in a race to the car, a competition in which Connie, in her heels no less, wins. Her winnings are amounted in the prize of a kiss.

As they started down the highway, Connie ponders over everything that had happened in the few months since Steven returned to Beach City. She had never imagined she'd be this kind of woman for a man she honestly wondered if she'd ever see again. She had never dreamed she'd want this the way she had, nor had she anticipated acting as... passionate as she did around her boyfriend.

But still, Steven a rather passionate man himself, which Connie came to decide as the reasoning behind their rather sultry relationship. The trait leaking its way into the relationship was no surprise to her. Bleeding into her own personality was quite the shock, however.

Not that she really minded.

Connie is a levelheaded woman. She takes things in steps. She is the embodiment of calm and collected. Smart and cunning.

But things change when Steven is around.

One could even comment that she herself changes when Steven is around.

Connie believes it to be purely logic; what human woman wouldn't change in some way for an attractive Diamond Prince whom she adores? It's common sense. Or, that's what she tells herself.

It's not like it's a questionable or concerning change, no! She's just as fond of the way she acts with Steven as she is with any other of her best friends, parents, or even stranger. But Steven... he makes her change. He makes her wild.

And there's nothing wrong with a little change.

Seriously the last chapter for awhile. Love y'all.

Lurkerbelow
Demo-nisshu
jewels_callistan
Parameshwarran
Demonfire_Dagger