No Questions Asked

Connie hadn't been feeling good lately. Mentally or physically. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but she just didn't settle in her own skin today. Everything was awkward and strained and she just wanted to go home.

She plodded into the living room, leaving her shoes strewn about and her jacket nearby. Anyone who knew her would be worried at just that, much less the exhausted look on her face. She unbuttoned and unzipped her skirt and took off her blouse. The house was too damn hot. Feeling more exhausted with each step towards the kitchen, she stumbled to the fridge and completely missed the hybrid standing in the corner of the room out looking the garden. Pushing the hair out of her face, she rubbed at her eyes and winced at her back as she pulled out a jug of milk.

Steven took in the disheveled, almost naked woman in front of him and chuckled. "You look like you've already been fucked." She turned around to face him and his smile dropped instantly. He stepped to her and shook his head as he surveyed her. He cupped her face with his strong hands and felt her forehead. "No fever. Did you just need some tonight honey?" He teased.

"Not tonight." She murmured. She buried her face in the crook of his neck and sighed. "I'm exhausted and I just wanna cuddle."

He nodded and pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back and waiting for her to cry. Her shoulders soon started shaking and he lifted her up bridal style to the bedroom.

"Ste-ven..." Connie chastised through tears. "No. Dont be disappointed in me, I just cant today..."

He shouldered the door open and sat her down gently. "Now I'm disappointed. Let alone any hurt." He rolled his eyes and turned away towards the bathroom as she changed. She understood this much: any watching her strip naked would be an unfair strip tease he would have to battle against. "If you say 'no' then that's that for me, Connie. No questions asked. If you say anything in between yes and no, that's a no until you otherwise specify. I respect you, Connie. Your consent means the world to me, and if you don't consent, then any thought of it is immediately gone from my head." Connie threw on a less revealing set of PJs and listened to his words get more and more sad.

"I don't mean to make a bad day worse, but it hurts to think you thought I was going to ignore your wishes." He finished, glowing only the dimmest of pink. "I'm not that type of Diamond, Connie. And I'm not that type of guy. I never have been."

Connie sat up and looked at her partner dubiously, surprised at his passionate outburst about consent. She found herself stifling a yawn and decided it was time to cuddle, if he would have her.

"Come here." She held out her arms and he all but collapsed into her. He laid down next to her and they fell asleep, just like that.

No second opinions.

No fighting.

No questions asked.

A_Mangled_Mess - A/N: IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER SUCKS I TRIED SO HARD TO MAKE IT OVER 1,000 BUT I JUST DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH CONTENT IM SORRY I SUCK.