Chapter 3: fakes
George's POV
Btw they are like halfway to school
And George is color blind but it explains why he can see colors towards the end

    "Take a left here, we're picking up Clay" came a voice from next to me. I almost jumped out of my seat. We never usually talked during the drive to school. But wait, what did she say? Before I could protest a snort came out of my mouth followed by a giggle. I snuck a quick look at Emma and she was glaring at me almost like, she was saying "shut it". I would have started full on laughing but the glare she was giving me told me other wise.

Once the traffic light finally turned green again I turned the steering wheel and realized I had no idea where in the heck I am supposed to be going. The road led me into a nice neighborhood that had several big houses lined up.

    "This one" she pointed to a giant yellow house next to us. I slowed down and pulled into the driveway. Almost immediately the front door got pushed open and a figure came running up to the car. Emma got out of the car and I felt a bag being tossed at me. Before I knew it I looked into the rear view mirror and was met with emerald green eyes and little freckles littered the area around them. Those were accompanied by dirty blond hair covered by the hood of a lime green hoodie.

    I started to drive and felt eyes on me. Stealing a glance at the mirror I realized it was Clay. He looked lost while he was staring at me. Probably just spaced out I geuss. Starting to tune into their conversation I bit my lip out of habit.

"Clay I'm so excited for the first day! Aren't you?" Emma tried to engage into a conversation.
"Uh yeah, I mean yes. Yes I'm very excited"
"That's great! I hope I get good teachers"
"I just hope that nobody hates me"

"Uhh yeah I guess. But why would anybody hate you? Your just perfect." The last part got a bit muffled as she put her head on the shoulder of that hoodie.
"Haha not really but thanks."

    Clay sounded miserable, and I honestly felt bad for him. I mean the way he was staring at me made it look like he wanted to stay but also wanted to leave. I just can't put my finger on which one it is. All I know is if I had to date Emma I would be miserable too.

"Oh um I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Clay, captain of the football team. What's your name?" Clay said interrupting my thoughts.

"He dosent like to spe-"

"My names George, uh it's a pleasure to meet you and I hope my twin sister doesn't drive you insane. Trust me it's bad enough living with her" I mumbled making sure to cut her off. There was a giggle behind me and I noticed Clay had an eyebrow raised.

"You didn't tell me you had a twin? You guys look nothing alike." Clay said surprised. Oh. Of course she didn't want him to know about me, cause I'm just the family disappointment.

"Oh uh yeah, he's nothing special and rarely ever talks so there's really no use." Now that is just cold. Really lying about me kinda sounds like fan behavior. The expression on her face makes me want to squeeze the confidence right out of that big face. Her lips are narrowed into a thin smile and her head is tilted on Clay's shoulder. I didn't even notice how hard I had been gripping the steering wheel until my rings started to dig into my fingers.

"Well I really like your glasses" Wow an attempt to complement me, weird. There was something about this kid that I just couldn't figure out. Also, since when had I put my glasses on? Makes sense because I could see the red and green lights, but I can't recall putting them on. I'm colorblind so the glasses help me see colors normally. They look like normal glasses with thin black rims and clear glass, but they aren't.

"Pftt- he's just messed up. They are colorblind glasses to help him try and be more normal like me" Wow ableist much jeez. But before I could defend myself we had already arrived at the tall and wide building that would take up the next 6 hours of my life.

(803 words)

Sorry for the short chapter I'm anxious to go binge watch death note.

New chapter soon

:)