Chapter 5

Peter's POV

I was a bi mess™, and Harley wasn't helping at all.

Not one bit.

Especially with the comment he made.

I internally freaked out at that moment. I remember that I was fighting the blush that was creeping up to my cheeks, how Mj and Ned gave me 'the look', smirking and talking amongst themselves.

I groaned as I buried my face in my hands, it happened two hours ago and I'm still playing the scene in my mind over and over again, the thought never leaving me. The memory sticking to me like an unwanted piece of dried gum stuck under a seat from a school bus.

The wind blew harshly, my legs dangling over the ledge of a tall building that I was perched upon. As I sighed I heard loud yelling that wasn't far away, I let the rest of my body fall over the edge, shooting a web at a glossy window before I came in contact with the pavement.

As I swung up to the scene my breath hitched as I saw an all too familiar face, contorted into one of fear.

The Filipino boy's eyes dilated, widening to the size of large brown golf balls. (Ha, you though it would be Harley, didn't you?). A quite large man was looming over him, brandishing a large silver knife that glinted in the disappearing sun.

"You know Spiderman, who is he? Tell me!"

The brown skinned boy shook his head, his violent shaking never ceasing.

"I don't know him! I promise!" The older laughed darkly and sneered, continuing to spit questions at Ned's face.

"Tell me fat boy!"

"Hey! I'm sorry to say but he's not a mirror." The black clad man swivelled around, another wide face splitting grin finding its way to his mouth.

"Why isn't it the man himself?!" I grinned to myself, good to know he thinks of me as a man. I a web at his face and another to Ned, the white substance pulling him towards me.

"Go, rub Ned. Text me when you get home." He nodded and dashed off, saying something through the black comms we made a couple of months ago.

"Thanks man, could of died today! I'll call the police as well, they'll pick up the evil dude man thing." I casually blocked the angry man's hard punches and kicks, I paused and gave him a look.

"Hey, do you mind? I'm kinda in the middle of a chat here." He continued fighting me, baring his yellow teeth.

"Can't lose my man in the chair yet." I heard a reassuring chuckled from the other end, my spidey sense, or Peter tingle as Ned dubbed it, failing to inform me of the incoming swipe from the furious stranger.

He hit me hard in the temple and stuck the weapon deep within my shoulder left, dragging it down to my right hip. I sucked in a sharp breath, gritted my teeth and swiftly webbed him up with a quick 'thwip' sound, bright blue and red lights coming around the corner.

I was feeling slightly dizzy and had to get back to the tower fast, I quickly jumped over a fence and gave a groan of pure frustration as I heard thrusters and light scuffling of feet surrounding me.

"Not now guys, kinda in a bit of a situation here." A read and gold figure dropped in front of me with a thud, my 'peter tingle' warning me about an arrow that was aimed directly at the back of my head.

"HEY! Bird brain! It won't help if i'm dead you know!" The tingling slowly subdued, but never fully disappeared. Tin can, or dad rather, broke the awkward silence first.

"Just come with us, it's make everything much easier." I huffed, my vision blurring.

"Sorry but I can't, you'll make me stop doing what I do best." I quickly webbed everyone and swung away, hiding so that I was out of view. I winced and had to stop myself from screaming in agony as I swung to my room, the cut was drenching my suit, the cold wind stinging the bloody wound. I clumsily jumped through the open window, rolling into my room.

I ripped off my red mask and gasped for air, dropping to my knees with a quiet thud, biting my lip to hold in a whimper that wanted to escape my mouth.

I rest my head on the bed, gripping the light blue grey sheets, wondering how I was going to explain to dad if he saw the scene.

My grip slackened, a quiet breath emitting from my mouth.

3rd POV

Friday called out.

"Mr Keener, Peter had arrived."

When FRIDAY said Mr. Keener at the end, for some reason I thought 'You mean Mr. Yee-Haw'. lmao wtf?!?!