FOUR // Chocolate and Emerald

Does the sun promise to shine?
No, but it will,
even behind the darkest clouds it will.
And no promise
will make it shine longer or brighter,
for that is its fate,
to burn until it can burn no more.
So, to love you is not my promise,
it is my fate,
to burn for you until I can burn no more.

a  t  t  i  c  u  s

"Carmel?" Draco called out just as he found himself in a small quiet wizard shop. He paused to listen, but didn't catch sight of the girl. With a sigh he rephrased his question. "Meera?" he murmured again questioningly then suddenly noticed her head bob up from gazing at a collection of magical items. She bounded towards Draco and eagerly yanked his arm.

"Let's go! I've always wanted to visit this place. You have to try a Cadbury, Draco. It's a muggle candy, but it's absolutely delicious."

"I've no interest in your—bloody hell, Meera!" He yelped as he felt her tug him along outside of the shop.

They stepped out into the fresh evening air of Birmingham then began steering their way through the muggles. Moments later, the duo stood in a parking lot staring straight up at the magnificent sign labeled, Cadbury World.

"Wow..." Ameera whispered in awe while keeping a tight grip on Draco's arm. Draco simply rolled his eyes as he watched the muggles file their way into the building in groups.

"What could possibly be better than Honeydukes?" asked Draco just as Ameera began yanking them forward.

"Quit being so grumpy. You'll be falling in love with its flavor in just a few minutes. You watch, Draco Malfoy."

"Is that a challenge?"

Ameera swiveled around to face the platinum-blonde man. He stared down at her with raised eyebrows and an expectant smile as if to say, "You're about to lose big time."

"Maybe it is." she replied with a glint of amusement in her eyes. Draco noticed a shift in her expression. It was almost as if the quiet demeanor she put out there was slowly sinking and the real Ameera was visibly showing. He liked this side to her. Fun, giggly, jumpy, pure.

They entered the building as the aroma of sweets filled their noses. Ameera inhaled deeply while a euphoric smile spread her lips. She moaned with pleasure, mouth watering for a taste of the chocolatey goodness.

Draco rolled his eyes at her overdramatic behavior. "Did you just—"

"Moan?" She had caught him off guard with her choice of words and she thoroughly enjoyed his reaction. But then Ameera realized what she had blurted and with a sudden gasp, she bit her tongue. "Merlin! Theo is really starting to rub off on me."

"You can say that again."

Draco found her scrambling for words out of embarrassment quite entertaining. Ameera blushed at her own jokes and Draco couldn't help the smile form on his lips. He began following her around in to the muggle-tourists attraction site, questioning his own reasons for giving in to the nagging of the Pureblood witch.

"I wanted to ask you," Ameera began as they stood in line for tickets. Draco noticed a muggle child scurry past him, chocolate coated on his lips. He grimaced to himself while thinking about never having children in the future. His brother can carry on the name, it was fine by him.

"Not to he rude but, I know you own—well your family is one of the wealthiest wizarding families ever. Why do you and Scorpius choose to work?"

"Ah, this would've been a brilliant question for you to ask my brother." He twisted the rings on his finger contemplating a response.