3. "The incident"

It was an ordinary day, until the incident. 

Katsuki sighed, he was talking towards his classroom, his other classmates still in the dorms, preparing to do whatever they want before the long day ahead of them. 

Katsuki had always enjoyed walking by himself listening to his music. 

Even though most people might be surprised, considering how he was so loud and irrational, it was calming and he could be alone with his thoughts.

....However, that meant had had to be alone with his thoughts.

Katsuki let out a click from his tongue as his mind suddenly started to overthink again.

When he was a little child he was the strongest one out of everyone, and everyone admired him. His quirk was powerful, whist everyone else was helpless against his harsh glare.

As a middle schooler, he had aced the mock entrance exam for U.A. This is probably comparable to getting a perfect score on the SAT or ACT. Everyone had still admired him and had praised him no matter what he did.

Did they see him for who he was? No.

They were only there because of his quirk and standard in the school.

When he got in UA, he wasn't the strongest, but he was one of the strongest, and he had...."friends". He had won the sports festival, even against his will.

Friends who never flinched whenever he yelled or was afraid to speak what was on their mind, friends who still came back to him even after his harsh words.

He never showed it, but he had always had enjoyed their company, one way or the other.

He had always thought that having people around him was normal, but this....this was different for him. They weren't following him, but walking beside him.

And he hated and loved them for that.

He stopped abruptly as he had arrived at his destination. Sighing, as he took off his earphones, he opened the door loudly and stomped inside. Habit's never dying, after all.

The only person in the classroom was Todoroki, but he didn't seem fazed by his sudden (and dramatic) entrance, never taking his eyes off his phone.

Rolling his eyes and huffing, Katsuki casually closed the door and walked towards his desk, putting his legs on the desk as he sat down.

Slowly but surely, his classmates started to come in, meaning the "BakuSquad" was there as well.

Well, there goes my silence

Huffing as his "friends" called him, Katsuki moved his chair slightly to the side so they could crowd around him.

When suddenly, Denki ran up to him, yelling something about how he hadn't done his homework.

It was normal, everything was, until Katsuki had half-rose out of his chair with a snarl, toppling backward, hands tensing by his sides in a battle-ready stance as Denki jumped onto him. 

He felt his heart drop in his chest, breath catching in his throat as he whipped his head towards the intruder. The slime villain was back, Dabi was behind him, he was chained up in front of everyone, he wasn't safe, he wasn't safe!! He had to get away, he had to.

"The hell do you want!?" Bakugou snarled, trying to stop the trembling of his body, as he stared wide-eyed at Denki, backing away until he hit the wall.