Sixteen | Snivellus

So I'm an idiot. Basically wrote all those chapters forgetting HUGE details and events that are important so sorry about that. I'll probably add in the troll into one of the other chapters but I'm lazy so that might not happen for a while. For now, just pretend it happened and I didn't forget <3

"It was Snape," Ron's voice is loud, coming through the slightly open window as she approaches Hagrid's hut, "Hermione and I saw him. He was cursing your broomstick, muttering, he wouldn't take his eyes off you. If Laurel and Hermione hadn't have done what they did..."

Laurel frowns. So Snape... no. Impossible. Absolutely ridiculous. It had to have been him that did it. What other teacher would have a motive? Then again, there's a big difference between vocally disliking a student and trying to kill one...

Deciding against barging into Hagrid's hut, though she really does need some toothpaste, she decides to listen outside, just for now.

"Rubbish," Hagrid's says flatly, "Why would Snape do somethin' like that?"

There's a pause, and Laurel doesn't have to be a mind reader to know damn well that the three of them know about the three headed dog. Since the troll incident, it would appear that.

"I found something out about him," Harry starts off slowly, "He tried to get that three headed dog at Halloween. It bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding."

Something smashes, and Laurel peers down at the floor, frowning when she notices her favourite tea pot in pieces on the wooden floor.

Ah, it was only a cheap one.

"How do you know about Fluffy?"

"Fluffy?!"

Laurel bites back a laugh. Trust Hagrid to get a three headed, illegal magical dog and name it Fluffy.

"Yeah," Hagrid sounds uncomfortable, "He's mine. Bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year-"

Laurel's eyes widen. So that's why Hagrid left her sat on that stool in that horridly smelling pub for about an hour. She'd figured.. never mind.

"I lent him to Dumbledore to find the-" Hagrid pauses.

"Yes?"

"Now, don't ask me anymore. That's top secret, that is."

"So why did he just try to kill Harry?" Hermione cries, "I know a jinx when I see one, Hagrid, I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all, I saw him!"

Hagrid's voice rises, "And I'm telling' yeh yer wrong! Look, I don't know why Harry's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn' try an' kill some student. Now, listen to me, all three of yeh, yer meddling' in things that don' concern yeh, it's dangerous. You forget that dog, an' you forget what it's guarding. That's between Professor Dumbledore an' Nicolas Flamel!"

"Aha!" Harry sounds all too pleased with himself, "So there's someone called Nicolas Flamel involved, is there?"

At this, Laurel facepalms with second hand embarrassment for Hagrid.

In the few years she's known him and he's known her, she's found that even since she was nine years old he couldn't keep a secret from her for the life of him.

Once the three have left, she slips into the hut, closing the door loudly behind her.

Fang leaps up at her, and she chuckles, allowing him to lick her face, "Hello bud, been a few days, hasn't it?"

Hagrid reappears, "Laurel!" He cries, throwing open his arms. Laurel leaps into them, giving the half giant a firm hug before pulling away, "So, what brings yer here?"