Fifty Six | "We have seen her blood."

"GO?" Aragog hissed, "I think not! My sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid on my command, but I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst. 

"Goodbye, friends of Hagrid's."

And then Aragog was gone, out of sight and Laurel's senses returned to her. She drew the boys in close, pulling out her wand as she ignored the blood rushing in her ears and her heart pounding against her chest.

Aragog's children were going to rip them to shreds and eat them alive.

Ron spun around to Harry, clutching his shoulder.

"Can we panic now?" He squeaked.

***

THUD.

Her fingers curled around her wand, knuckles whitening as she tightened her grip.

They were everywhere. Above them, below them, beside them...

THUD.

Harry went to move backwards but she shook her head, "Stay still," she murmured, voice barely audible above the hissing and the rustling of large, ravenous spiders.

So much for help always being given at Hogwarts.

Ron let out a squeak when large, rotten fangs were revealed from a nearby spider, thick saliva dripping down its hairy chin.

"Know any spells?" Ron trembled as he pulled out his wand.

"One," Harry responded, "But it's not powerful enough for them all. Laurel?"

"I have something that'll do the trick. But you two would have to get well away from here in order for me to be able to use it."

"Oh no," Ron moaned, "Where's Hermione when you need her?"

With her uncontrollable magic, chances were Laurel would kill them both with what she had in mind.

She wasn't willing to take the risk.

The fear only made them more excited, thousands of legs rushing towards them. Rushing for their first fresh meal in-

Something snagged her arm, ripping off the sleeve in one swift movement. Sharp teeth snapped down on her arm and she shrieked, wand falling from her grip snd clattering on the floor.

They were surrounded in darkness, now, and Ron held onto Harry, squeaking uncontrollably.

Laurel gasped for air, the feeling of thick, warm liquid oozing from her arm and running down to her hand just about enough to make bile rise in her throat.

She gulped, swaying as her limited vision swam.

She couldn't see anything.

Just like down in that dark, dark cellar, or on those dark, dark full moons.

She couldn't ever escape, foolish of her to even hope that she could. It would always creep up on her when she least expected it.