Eight

Seriously guys where dem votes and comments at doe

Listen to Russian Roulette by Rihanna and/or Crazy in Love - Fifty Shades of Grey Version by Sofia Karlberg while reading for extra feels if u want, bc I listened to it while writing

_____________

"You know what you're doing, yeah?" Rick cleared, raising his eyebrow as he handed Luke the small bag.

Luke nodded.

"I go there, tell them you sent me, they have the money ready, we make the exchange, and then I come back here," he responded, listing off the instructions Rick had told him minutes earlier.

Rick nodded, letting him know he was right.

"And then I get my ring," Luke continued, looking him straight in the eyes.

"And then you get your ring," Rick clarified.

Luke took a deep breath, pushing the small bag into his pocket and shaking his arms out by his sides, as if that would somehow rid him of the nerves he was feeling. The unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach that had developed after agreeing to the deal hadn't left since, and he could only hope it would go away once it was over with.

It's just one run, he assured himself in his head.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Rick asked rhetorically, "You should get going now, before it's too late and you can't find your way back."

With a curt nod, Luke turned on his heel and left the store, standing still for a brief second, allowing the wind to wrap around him, its caress soothing his racing heart slightly. His eyes shut, and he sliently asked the higher powers above to help him get this over and done with.

He turned his head to the right and looked to where Rick had told him to go. There was a small lane on the other side of the car park, which apparently led to the back of a warehouse. Rick had rang the guys in the back of the store and told them that Luke would be there in fifteen minutes to make the exchange, or so he'd said.

There was no way his car would fit down the lane, and he'd have to come back to bring the money to Rick, so there was no point in bringing it. He began to walk towards the lane, his teeth chattering as the wind that had seemed soothing to him only minutes ago, now began to claw at his face like an enraged animal. His nose was numb and his eyes watered so much that they stung, but he wasn't concerned. All he was focused on was the steady beat of his footsteps on the ground, finding comfort in the gentle rhythm.

The lane curved and Luke could just about make out the silhouette of the large warehouse against the dusk skyline. He internally prayed that this wouldn't take too long. The lane was eerie enough at dusk, he didn't need to be walking back through it in the complete dark. His right hand dug into the pocket of his worn jeans, his fingers curling around the little bag that he hoped would get him Ellie's ring. He held onto it as he continued to walk, as if he was afraid it would vanish if he let go of it. The last thing he needed was to turn up, only to find that he had lost the thing he needed the most. If these people were buying drugs at the back of an abandoned warehouse, Luke doubted they'd be the understanding type.

As he got closer, Luke could make out the figures of four people leaning up against the side of the building. His steps faltered, but he took in a deep breath and willed himself to keep going. With twenty-three more steps, he found himself face-to-face with four very intimidating-looking people.

"Who the fuck is this?" one of them spat disgustedly, looking him up and down.

One of the others nodded in agreement and cocked his head towards Luke.

"Well, why don't we ask him ourselves," he drawled, "Who the fuck are you? Because you certainly don't look like Rick to me."

Luke's throat went dry. Unable to speak, he pulled the small bag from his pocket and dangled it in the air, gulping nervously.

They narrowed their eyes at him, and Luke managed to find his voice.

"He sent me with this, 'said you were expecting it and that you'd have the, uh, money waiting," he offered weakly.

One of them laughed darkly and another cursed under his breath.

"Are you for fucking real, man?" the first asked in between laughs. "Did you hear that, Jay? Rick couldn't come and face us himself, so he sent this little pansy to do his dirty work for him."

The second figure shook his head in disbelief - Jay, he presumed. Luke's eyes widened as he began to walk towards him. The tiny bag was ripped from his grasp and Jay walked away, bringing it up close to his face to examine. He opened the bag slightly and pinched a little between his fingers, his brows furrowing.

"Rick thinks he can fix all this with a little bit of shit quality coke? And by sending a messenger who looks like he couldn't defend himself against a two year-old toddler?"

Luke felt his heart speed up. Why would he need to defend himself? Rick had said that everything was organised. This wasn't supposed to be happening.

Jay walked towards Luke once again.

"You can go back to Rick," he said venomously, "and tell him he gives us what he really owes us, or next time it'll be him regretting it, not just his messenger."

Luke's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Wha-," he began, but was cut off by a blow to his stomach which knocked the wind out of his lungs. He stumbled backwards, gasping for breath, but had no time to recover before another one of the men came towards him. He was grabbed by the collar of his jacket and lifted off the ground, struggling in vain. A dark laugh left the man's lips before a staggering blow was delivered to the left side of Luke's jaw.

His vision became blurred and he was released from the man's grip, dropping to the ground like a fly. His eyes closed and all he could do was hope that the ground would swallow him up and save him. Unfortunately, his hopes were shattered when his ribs were met with the blunt force of a foot, the sheer force knocking him almost a foot from where he had been lying beforehand. He coughed and pain wracked through his whole body. He willed himself not to cry, already humiliated enough.

He wanted to get up and run, but the pain that was washing over his body wouldn't allow him to. He was flung onto his back like a rag doll and, before he knew it, another blow was delivered to his face.

And another.

It was on the third that Luke felt his lip burst.

After that, he became numb to the pain.

So numb, that he didn't even notice when the four men eventually walked off, leaving him alone in a heap. But not before they threw something on top of his chest as a token goodbye gift. Luke's fingers blindly reached up to the object, his fingers wrapping around it as they had a half hour previously.

That small damn bag.

________

DAMN SHIT'S GOING DOWN

Can you please vote and comment bc this is a flop lol thanks

Next update will probs be at 10 votes and 5 comments like c'mon even that's pathetic but y'all mofos ain't voting or commenting

To those who do ur fab

DEDICATION TO A COMMENTER YH

~L.