Vol.9 Ch.28: Taurus' Aggression in Bot

『EXECUTED』

『FIRST BLOOD!』

These messages appeared outta nowhere on Bruce's screen. One moment, Zeph and Dylan were delivering a hot gank in Top. The very next moment, Zeph kicked the bucket and Dylan fled the scene like a pussy.

The fuck happened over there? Bruce was too busy with his own shit on lane, so he didn't catch all the details. But, there was one thing he knew for sure. Zeph and Dylan done fucked up.

"Yo Zeph, my guy," Bruce called out. "What are ya doing dying to a DK? Are you throwing the game, huh? Huh!?"

Bruce's anger transmitted clearly through his tone. Everybody heard that criticizing yell. But, Zeph didn't respond.

"Hey! Ya hear me? Heeeeeeey! Earth to Zephy Zeph!" Bruce shouted. "You fucker, are you asleep or something? ZEPH!"

"Ah, sorry, I put you on mute, haha..." Zeph laughed awkwardly.

"Watcha doing muting your cap, dumbass?"

"Oh snap," Zeph realized he should've come up with an excuse instead of telling the truth. "Eh, I needed a moment to think about stuff."

"It would've been great if you started with that 'thinking' thing before dying, ya know."

I knew this shit was coming. Zeph sighed. This was the reason he muted Bruce in the first place. Bruce was good at praising those who did well, but he unleashed hell on anybody who did poorly. Such was the harsh environment in this gang.

"The fuck you doing feeding a DK?" Bruce ranted on. "It gonna screw us all if he snowballs!"

"Yeah, sorry," Zeph didn't argue back. "That DK is something else. I can't beat him."

"What's with that weak talk?" Bruce demanded. "Are you're throwing!?"

"I'm not throwing anything," Zeph said. "That's just how things are. Sorry, but I don't see myself beating that guy. He isn't an ex-StromBlitz player just in name, the guy knows his shit. I can't outplay him."

"Watcha wussing out about? StromBlitz or DerpFlitz, it doesn't matter. He's just a middle schooler like us. Nothing you can't handle."

You can only say that because you haven't fought him yourself. Zeph retorted in his head.

"Tch, whatever," Bruce clicked his tongue and turned to Bryan. "Alright, B. Looks like it's up to us to carry this team. Let's wreck these fuckers!"

"You wanna attack?" Bryan frowned.

"Yeah! Let's beat the living crap outta these scrubs! I've been lying low till Lv.5, just like ya asked. Now, let's go ham on their asses!"

"Hah," Bryan sighed. To think that Bruce actually agreed to play tame for once, but then that bullshit in Top happened. Thanks a lot, Zeph. Then again, it was probably a matter of time anyway.

Frankly, Bryan wasn't keen on the idea of assaulting their lane opponents. Judging by how things went last game, it was clear their opponents were pretty damn good. It was hard to tell which side was stronger, but these enemies definitely posed a challenge. They weren't the types of opponents to challenge recklessly without an advantage.

Therefore, Bryan preferred to proceed slow and steady. He wanted to gradually build lane advantage and reach mid-game in a good state. Their lineup favored the mid-game much more anyway. The enemy was all about the early-game this time, including their pick for Bot.

Impaler was stronger during the early-game, whereas Pirate went online during the mid-game. So, it was best to be patient here. Once mid-game hits, Bruce will unlock Pirate's full strength and it'll be time for a counter-attack.