A Dream From the Past

A/N: I got mad at this chapter because I didn't hit save. Fuck you save button.

To that one person who asked what Hiiro would look like if she gelled her hair up

To that one person who asked what Hiiro would look like if she gelled her hair up. Your comment held me hostage all night after reading it.

..........

Hiiro didn't know what to think.

Her mind was bleary with exhaustion and her limbs dragged her down like lead pipes. With no strength or motivation to move forward she let out a prolonged sigh. When was the last time she slept again?

Incoherent mumbles unbeknownst to Hiiro exited her mouth, mind drawing too many blanks.

Wow, she was really tired.

For the past however long she'd been here, she'd continuously roamed Greed Island without rest. It was just all so... strange. The world felt so real yet the cards here suggested otherwise with its strange abilities to pretty much do anything.

Her fingers toyed with the Toraemon, the 22nd card of Greed Islands deck. The little cat gremlin had a habit of hoarding objects in his 4-D pocket dimension which was actually quite a good find due to the dimension hiding multiple valuable items.

Lifting the card to the sky Hiiro squinted wearily, her focus blurring with every passing second. She'd had only just stolen this from a player minutes ago. How many cards had she gathered so far? Mostly stolen and ravaged from other players, but a few she'd earned herself.

Must've been in the dozens, she mumbled to herself.

The girl took a deep breath, blinking through half lidded eyes. There was an inn fortunately only a few dozen meters from where she currently was. Deciding that was where she would be spending the night Hiiro trudged through the door to check in. Trading a couple thousand jenny for a key, she ignored the cheerful npc-like receptionist and headed upstairs to her borrowed room.

Limp arms pushed through the cream colored door labeled 207, legs following clumsily behind. The only thing Hiiro noticed was the perfectly made bed in the corner of the room. First article of clothing to come off was her jacket, then her boots which her numb fingers had undone slower than she would've liked. "Too many... damn... laces" She muttered, her tone beyond annoyed.

But finally she kicked the leathery boots off, and slumped onto the marshmallow like mattress. Hiiro's body melted with relief- days of exhaustion catching up to her after the adrenaline wore off. Snuggling under a thin blanket her mind unconsciously slipped into a dream.

..........

8 years previous

"Hiiro, come here." Hisoka gently patted the space next to him on the grassy plains, barren of human life besides them. It had been around a week since their first interaction with each other and Hiiro was still not used to Hisoka despite him already accepting her into his life.