Her Two Matches

The morning of June the 7th, Hiiro Morow was already sitting cross legged on the floor of the arena, eyes closed and mouth in a tight lipped smile. A handful of people were scattered in the rows above but they were mostly reporters, as the match had yet another hour and half to start.

An hour went by peacefully, a slow trickle of people filling the seats, and soon audience members were streaming in by the dozens to claim a good seat. Hisoka had done such a good job with his fight the other day that the moment word of Hiiros two back to back matches had gotten out, the few hundred tickets remaining had sold out.

Another 15 minutes went by, Gido still failing to show. 5 minutes went by, then another five minutes- and finally, Gidos recognizable aura with his buzzing tops hidden inside his red cloak showed up.

Hiiros nose wrinkled. Gido stepping into the arena was like an intruder setting foot on enemy territory.

Hiiro slowly opened her eyes from the meditating position she was in, and watched Gido approach her. His cane struck the arena floor quite loudly as he hopped closer on the prosthetic limb of a leg he received after his first fight at Heavens Arena, or so the rumors had spoken.

Five minutes ticked by every second an eternity, the crowd roaring with enthusiasm. As soon as the referee for this match had yelled begin, Gido had cackled, a signature of his and said to Hiiro in the scratchy voice he always used "You are friends with that boy I fought a few months before yes? Let's see how you hold up against my spinning tops!"

"Yes." Hiiro echoed, her voice brimming with confidence. "Let's."

Right off the bat, Gido had used Battle Box, a technique of his that attacked his enemy from every side with tops spinning at lightning speed, the unpredictable movements hitting everything but Gido himself.

Hiiro laughed softly, amused at the tops. They were beginning to get closer to her, blades out and ready to strike.

But no matter how close they got, the tops never seemed to hit. They would be inches from Hiiros flesh, then instantly be cut into chunks, toppling to the ground in unusable pieces.

"You know," Hiiro called out from her side of the battle field. "There's a reason I came here so early. Don't you see?" She gestured to the air around her which only nen users would be able to see, given they were applying Gyo to their eyesight.

Around Hiiro was a entanglement of her Nen ability, threads crisscrossing in patterns around her that constantly slid around, preventing Gidos tops from getting in.

"This is my Unapproachable Labyrinth." Hiiro mocked a curtsey before getting a clean hit on Gido with a strike to the chest. Pressing her lips in a firm line, Hiiro brought her foot up and landed an axe kick, slamming her foot downward with a literal ton of force and forcing Gido to take a nasty fall.

Unfortunately the round wasn't over just yet, as Gido launched another few dozens of tops at Hiiro, catching her off guard and managing to catch her in the gut.

Hiiro grunted as she fell to the floor but couldn't afford to let her eyes off Gido for even a second or another one of his tops would hit her. With a wince from the explosive amount of Hatsu she just took to the gut, Hiiro kicked another top out of her way mid air and landed on her feet.

Immediately a dozen spinning tops came rushing at her. Bringing her arm in a circle around her, the deadly wires barely managing to cut them all down. But even more unfortunate for Hiiro, Gido was already ready with another dozen tops, even more behind it as they traveled in waves at Hiiro.

Now very frustrated, Hiiro used her arm to guide her Nen, slashing down spinning tops left and right but the few she didn't manage to cut down hit her full force, sending a shock of pain through her body.