twenty-three | ❝the ministry❞ pt. 1

"are all of you this fucking stupid or is it just harry? the dark lord tricked you dumbasses into coming right into his marvellous trap."

the department of mysteries was dark and cold like the expensive cane lucius malfoy twirled dramatically in his hand. he stood in front of you and six others - ginny, neville, luna, and the trio.

"i'm not stupid, i'm just not very smart,"harry frowned, "there's a difference, you boner."

you heard hermione and ginny hum in agreement as lucius frowned. the rich man brushed away his blond bangs then extended his pale hand towards potter.

his fingers pointed to the glowing orb the group had found just moments before - harry's prophecy, the telling of his fate that was intertwined with the dark lord's.

"hand me the prophecy, potter," malfoy ordered, "or there will be consequences."

you rolled your eyes and snatched the blue orb out of harry's hand, waving it in front of you haphazardly.

"if you come any closer, this thingymabob is getting fucking smashed."

luna and neville hummed in agreement as the group simultaneously flipped off lucius, the wealthy man sighing as a crazed laugh sounded off behind him.

you could barely make out the approaching figure strolling out of the shadows until the nest of coarse black hair belonging to the individual came into view.

you groaned, "oh, you've got to be kidding me-"

"surprise, shawty!"

bellatrix lestrange sauntered forward, her eyes darting hungrily between you, harry, and neville.

"if it isn't itty... bitty... baby... potter?" she grinned, "and the l/n and the longbottom kids are here too! tell me neville... how are mummy and daddy doing?"

"better, now they're about to be avenged!"

neville raised his wand but was held back by luna before he could attack. you watched silent as bellatrix did the same.

lestrange scoffed and turned to you with a cruel smile. "what's wrong, l/n?" she teased, "don't you want to get revenge for your murdered daddy-waddy?"

you were so close - the witch would've been hit with a curse if it weren't for harry taking your hand in his own, your movement halted by his strong grip.

you paused for a moment before answering bellatrix with a fake smile, "you're so lucky my boyfriend has super big mega muscles because neville and i would've straight up murd-"

"let's all calm down," lucius said with his hands raised, "y/n... give us the prophecy now."

"wait, a damn minute- wait a damn minute," harry butt in, "why did voldemort need me to come get this?"

bellatrix's eyes widened in offense. she cried out, "how dare you speak his name, you filthy half-blood!"

"tom riddle is a half-blood too... you moron," hermione mumbled.

"no. it's all right," lucius said, ignoring the outburst, "he's just a curious lad, aren't you?"

the man edged forward and harry's hold on your hand remained as he felt you trying to get to your wand.

"prophecies can only be retrieved by those they are about," lucius started, "that orb has all the answers to your connection with the dark lord, harry. don't you want to know about the secret of your scar? why he couldn't kill you as an infant? give it to me... and i can show you."

you heard ron scoff behind you. "you guys see this shit too right?" he mumbled to the army.

you turned to see masked death eaters approach slowly from all sides - it was an ambush. harry noticed too and let go of your hand allowing you to pass him prophecy with a trusting nod.

"i've waited years to know these answers," potter mumbled, looking at its blue glow.

"awh, we been knew love," lucius agreed half-heartedly.

you winked when you saw harry glance at you with a small smirk before turning back to malfoy.

potter 'sighed', "i guess i could wait a little longer. now!"

"stupefy!" you all yelled, the death eaters thrown backwards by the army's attack.

the moment they were stunned, you and the army ran away from the scene as they all followed your lead to get them out of the ministry.

"gotta go fast-"

"ron, focus!" hermione called, "y/n, behind you!"

"alarte ascendare!"

you didn't turn around, your sprinting not halting as you successfully called out the charm without even looking at your target, the death eater flying high into the air and crashing against a shelf metres away. potter's look of awe and his impressed grin didn't go unnoticed.

every single turn seemed to be blocked by more death eaters and every time the army took one down they'd come back only a few seconds later.

as much as you loved stunning people, the repeated uses of stupefy were getting tedious in your attempts to get out of the place.

so that's when ginevra weasley decided to pull some hot girl shit.

"reducto!"

her wand sent a powerful flash of blue light towards a group of death eaters and they were blasted away, the sound and frequencies making the all tall shelves of prophecies rattle and shake.

"ginny, you absolute mad lad," you cheered, "when we get out of here, i'm buying you all the butterbeer you want."

she grinned as you took her hand and ordered everyone to get out as the prophecies began to rapidly drop, the falling items crushing and shattering by your sides as you ran.

"gotta go fast-"

"luna, not you too!" hermione cried, her voice trailing away immediately as the army jumped through the exit.

it was a narrow escape, the sea of glass smashing behind you all as they fell through the door and into the darkness below.