twenty-five | ❝the ministry❞ pt. 2

the descent into darkness had finally ended but surprisingly the painful impact you all expected never came. instead, your drop halted just a few centimetres off the ground before the army collapsed unceremoniously onto the floor.

"i have been falling... for thirty minutes!"

"y/n, we have all been falling," luna groaned as she got herself up before helping you. the girl then paused for a moment before smiling to herself. "nevermind, y/n," she whispered, "i understood that reference."

you cheered silently and patted yourself on the back as you watched harry walk towards a stone archway, the chosen one not turning around when hermione warned him to get away from the structure.

"hold on," you gasped, "the stone thingy is speaking! do you guys hear that too or is it just me?"

"sureee, i can hear it too," hermione mumbled placing her hands on your shoulders and leaning towards you bored, "it's saying 'oh wow, y/n l/n is one crazy ass b-"

"i hear it too," luna and harry answered together.

you gave hermione a smug smile and took one of her hands, walking towards the structure intrigued as others followed.

"we should get out of here," ginny suggested, "you don't just walk towards random creepy shit you've never seen before-"

"pshhhh okayyyy, miss chamber of secrets-"

"count your days, potter..." ginny replied with a tight smile, "ron. tell your bestie, your boss, and luna they're being idiots."

and ron weasley almost got the chance to before his weak order was cut off by sudden plumes of black smoke surrounding the group. the death eaters had returned, the crazed wizards and witches taking you and all your friends hostage apart from harry.

you scoffed, "of course the chosen one gets special treatment-"

"l/n, i swear to god..." neville complained quietly as he struggled in the death eaters hold.

harry turned around alarmed, his gaze meeting yours before glaring dangerously at the witch who had you under their tight grip.

you sighed, "it's bellatrix, isn't it? voldy simp asf- owwwww...."

the witch didn't reply to you instead choosing to press the tip of her wand against your neck with slowly increasing pressure.

then lucius malfoy made his grand entrance, the man strutting inside the area as he causally flipped his long blond locks over his tailored shoulder.

"did you actually believe, or were you truly naïve enough to think, that children stood a chance against us?" he taunted.

"actually, we're like 16 so watch yourself and mind your business," harry replied, his wand raised and prophecy in hand.

"tell 'em, queen- owtootightthat'swaytootight-" ron said before his captor strengthened the headlock he had on the weasley.

you wanted to reach out to the ginger but bellatrix's wand was so close to sinking into your flesh. a frustrated curse left your system as you heard her laugh into your ear.

malfoy smiled, "i'll make this simple for you, potter. give me the prophecy now... or watch your friends die."

"don't give it to him, harry!" neville called out, the death eater holding him back with force.

but schlongbottom's brave cry was in vain, potter slowly placing the orb in the man's pale hand. lucius grinned and faced away from the teen, pulling out his iphone 15 pro max to take a selfie with it.

"i am going to send this to dad- i mean the dark lord," he smirked.

he raised his phone into the air, a sinister pout on his features. the malfoy was so focused choosing a snapchat filter, he didn't notice the man and woman that had apparated right in front of him.

"a photo in this shitty lighting?" called out the deep voice.

you held back a grin as you watched thalia cackle by sirius' side, your mother weakly slapping the device out of lucius' hand and onto the floor.

"that cost me over £1000..." malfoy whispered mournfully looking at the shattered device on the ground, "how dare you? oh, i will make sure these children suffer the most painful deaths imaginable- OUCHIE, MY NOSE-"

malfoy's threat was cut off by sirius punching lucius square in the face, the blond man collapsing onto the floor.

"get the fuck away from my godson."

then almost immediately, as if you were the protagonists in a work of fiction, waves of white light flew around the room and began to free your friends.

the order of the phoenix had finally arrived.

in this moment, thalia turned to see you in bellatrix's grip but her jaw dropped when she saw you elbow the witch in the throat and push her to the ground. thalia then heard a small voice beside her.

"i'm in love."

"oi, that's my daughter you're gawking at you little shit," thalia teased quickly before pulling harry out of the way of an attack, "stay focused!"

potter looked at you once more before nodding and charging over to sirius, thalia deciding to run over to you.

"you didn't think to check the apartment first? or call us about sirius?" thalia asked loudly, the noise of the developing battle making it hard to communicate, "that's some stupid shit right there, kiddo."

she dragged you towards nymphadora tonks, who currently fought beside luna and ginny, the woman nodding as thalia quickly pulled out an envelope.

the sight made you and luna smile and ginny gulp as you all knew the capability of those items. the adults then covered the three of you, your views blocked as you heard paper rip and wounded cries.

"oh l/n, you bloody genius," tonks complimented your mother as she took down a death eater from the opposite side. thalia winked, the two adults moving away so the aftermath of the letter explosion was now in view.

"it's a massive glue trap!" ginny cried looking at the three deatheaters stuck and frozen inside in a massive web, "how did you do that?"

"expelliarmus! i'll tell you about it later tiny molly," thalia said in a hurry, "but you guys need to get out of here now!"

luna nodded, taking your hand and ginny's as the three of you attempted to leave the fight.

"where are the others?" you questioned dodging a flash of light, "wait- luna, wait!"

the ravenclaw stopped running and the two of you collided into her back, the impact making you all fall to the ground as bellatrix came into view.

however, her attention focused wasn't on the three of you.

"no..." your eyes widened when you turned around to see where she was aiming her wand, "harry!"

the teen searched for you in the chaos but his body froze when the words 'avada kedavra' left lestrange's mouth.

all anyone could see was the blinding green flash that made contact with sirius black, his movements staggering backwards as he looked at his godson with one last weak smile... and then he was gone.