seven | ❝starting to heal❞

harry<3: ...so do i just stare
at the wall rlly desperately??

harry<3: or do i yell at it??
idk what i'm doing 👁👄👁

y/n: you know what?
pls leave i've changed
my mind</3

harry<3: lmao too late
there's a door now

harry<3: if you attack me
istg OHFYgr6€hoRYEACM

harry is offline

"y/n i literally hate you so much, you don't understand."

you cackled as you watched harry drag himself towards you on the floor, his 'jellified' legs wobbling behind him.

"i- i'm sorry! it's just so funnyyyyy," you choked as you got up to help him.

you pointed your wand at him and after a few more seconds of laughing you managed to say the counter-jinx 'unjellify'.

harry's legs resorted to normal and he got up immediately in a huff.

"who knew the counter-jinx was just 'unjellify'?" he mumbled as he stretched out his limbs, "boy, do i feel fucking stupid."

"yeah, you are kind of dumb aren't you?" you joked as you lay back down on the lounge chair. you patted the small space beside you with a lazy grin.

"welcome to your 12pm therapy session," you said, "come here and hold me or something- or not, i don't really care-"

"just admit you want cuddle me for merlin's sake," harry sighed as he lay beside you on the long cushioned chair, "you can just ask me like a normal person, stupid. don't be shyyy."

"i'll kick you off," you mumbled as you rested your head on his chest, "payback, you know?"

harry's deep laughter sounded into the quiet of the area as you felt his arms wrap around you. for a second you chuckled briefly too before a comfortable silence fell upon the room.

the lighting, as you had come to notice after multiple visits, always remained a shade of blue as if it were constantly night outside or the later shades of the twilight hour.

the twilight hour.

you could feel cedric's fingers shift your chin to face the sky, the view exposed greatly from your place in the astronomy tower.

professor aurora sinistra had mentioned something about the sight. a time of day when the sun started to set and the dark night would creep into the view of pinks and orange.

"hey? y/n, what's wrong?"

harry's whisper broke you out of your trance. you looked up at him confused but the moment you saw him through a blurred vision you understood.

his hands rested on your face, his thumbs wiping away the slow stream of tears that flowed from your eyes.

you would've pulled away from harry's touch, called him a 'domestic asshole', or some
other third thing if it weren't for the fact you finally brought yourself to say what had wanted to say for months.

"i miss him," you said simply, "am i a dickhead for trying to ignore it?" harry shook his head and pulled you into his embrace.

"y/n, you are a dickhead but it's not because you chose to keep your feelings to yourself," he replied.

"people deal with shit in different ways, right? you could've chosen violence or gone down a more harmful path but you're stronger than that and we're proud of you," harry continued, "i'm proud of you."

there was a small urge to roll your eyes, you just nodded against his shoulder allowing his wise words to sink into your system.

"how did you deal with your shit?" you asked.

harry was hesitant to reply, his body freezing for a moment before he answered with a quiet 'i don't.'

"well that's unhealthyyyyyyy."

"i didn't even get to finishhhhhh."

you weakly poked his cheek and then he explained.

"as soon as i came out the womb i was losing. boom, parents got murdered. boom, teachers are out to get me. boom, voldemort is back. i don't really get time to take it all in and reflect if that makes sense."

"damn shits tough," you sighed tiredly, "buttttttt it's different now because you have me and i'm probably one of the only people who can understand."

harry didn't answer, allowing you to yawn. your body relaxed against his as your eyes shut. the potter boy also began to relax, his lips pressing softly against your head as he let himself drift off to sleep.

'it was a good talk,' he thought to himself, 'a good start.'