Chapter 5

The person's eyes widened in recognition. He got up quickly and walked out of the office to Barry. "Sebastian!?"

Barry sighed. "Not again..."

"What? What are you doing in Central City? And in a police precinct?" The shorter man questioned, staring at him with wide eyes. "I thought you would be in L.A or somewhere... Is this where you've been this whole time!? We've been trying to contact you!" 

Barry wrapped his arms around his own neck awkwardly. "I live here... Been living here since graduation. And- I was living here before high school. And I, uh, work here?" He spoke quickly.

"Didn't think to tell anyone? Didn't think anyone would be concerned?" The man got angrier.

His increasingly loud voice attracted the attention of a few other officers and Barry blushed, embarrassed, and looked to Joe, who was greatly confused. "Hey- Hey, look, how about we take this elsewhere, alright?" 

"Well, I actually have to go back and talk to those officers about my stolen wallet, but after that, we will be talking, Smythe." 

Barry raised his eyebrows and chuckled, letting him walk away. Joe gave Barry a look that told him to explain. "Ah- right... Uh, so that guy is one of my old classmates from high school..."

"The one here or Ohio?" Joe questioned.

Barry sighed, "Ohio... I have no idea why he's here, but now I have to talk to him and explain to him why I haven't talked to anyone since. And about why I moved, and the name change." He took a deep breath. "God, why is everyone here suddenly?" He muttered.

Joe nodded silently, taking that all in. He gave Barry a pat on the back." Right, and good luck with that, Bar." He turned on his heel and walked away. 

"Ah?-" Barry scoffed, light-heartedly. "Alright."

~~

Barry had brought his old classmate over to Jitters to talk, away from the prying ears of his coworkers. 

"Explain, please." 

The brunet sighed and blew the steam off of his cup of coffee. "Right... So, Sebastian Smythe. Uh, yeah that isn't exactly my real name. My name is Barry- Barry Allen. I grew up here with Joe, the guy I was with at the precinct.-"

"Wait, uh, don't want to sound rude but how are you two... related?" 

Barry laughed. "He's my foster father, so we're not actually related." Seeing the confused look on the man's face, he elaborated. "Incident as a kid, he was kind enough to let me stay with him. I moved with my uncle in Ohio after... another incident, and I took the name, Sebastian Smythe. I...I regret a lot, Blaine, I really do. I'm sorry for everything. I put up a defence shield around myself and ended up hurting a lot of people around me, and I know that isn't an excuse. I felt horrible after graduation and thought no one would want to see me, so I came back here. Went to college for forensic sciences and now, here I am."

Blaine stared at Barry, trying to process all of this information. "We forgave you, didn't we? We all- almost all of us- forgave you, why would you run away? You made all of us concerned, Sebastian." Blaine realized he used the wrong name too late and thought it awkward to correct himself so late.

"I always thought that none of you actually forgive me, especially you and Hummel. How could you? I literally put you in the hospital. Didn't want to stick around and bother you." He laughed quietly, even though the situation wasn't that funny. 

"Could've at least given someone a call," Blaine muttered. 

Barry squinted his eyes. "Wait... Uh, I met with Kurt earlier and he said that you two were supposed to be having lunch together?"

Blaine's eyebrows shot up in alarm and he hit himself. "Argh! I got caught up with the wallet and you, he's going to be so mad with me. Give me your phone before I go."

Barry fumbled for his phone and gave it to Blaine quickly. He received it back after Blaine put his number in.

"Text me, Barry. Oh! Almost forgot, you will be at the reunion, right?"

"Yeah, Kurt told me about and I'd feel worse if I didn't go." Barry sighed. "Now, go find your husband!"

Blaine huffed and rushed out, not noticing Santana sitting by herself at a table that was rather close to where he had been sitting.

HELLO OH MY GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THIS IM SO SORRY 

guys if anything in this chapter doesn't make sense PLEASE tell me, i hardly remember what happened in previous chapters

i will try to be posting more too!

and one last question that i would really appreciate if you'd answer, would you mind if i made barry trans in this ? it PROBABLY wont be talked about much but it's just a headcanon i have of him and me projecting onto him,,

anyways!! thank you for reading :D