Chapter 4

"Meerkat face!?"

Barry quickly turned towards the shout. He tensed when he saw Santana standing there.

The woman sneered, "What are you doing here?" She turned her head to look at Kurt. "And why are you so close to him? Ohh, don't tell me... Are you cheating on Blaine with him? That's golden!" She laughed.

Kurt pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Barry shifted awkwardly.

"Santana... It's been a while." Barry looked down.

Santana raised an eyebrow and smirked. "What, cat got your tongue, Smythe? Come on, what's wrong with you? You haven't changed that much since high school, have you?"

Barry crossed his arms. "I've just matured enough to see that our arguments were stupid. Although, I can see clearly that you haven't."

Santana scoffed. "There it is!" 

Barry rolled his eyes and looked down at Kurt, who simply shrugged and looked at Santana. "I just ran into him in the coffee shop. Apparently, he lives here and works with the police. Oh, and he goes by Barry." He looked up at Barry with an eyebrow raised.

That made Santana laugh. "Barry, huh?" She snorted. "And you work with the police!? Oh jeez." She chuckled quietly.

Barry's eyes widened. "Oh yeah! Damn it, I'm gonna be late again. I have to get to work. Uh, see you around, Kurt." He looked at Santana. "It was wonderful seeing you again, Satan, now if you'll excuse me." He bowed his head, grinning, and walked away.

Santana whistled as she watched Barry walk away. "So this is where he's been hiding all these years. Never would've guessed."

Kurt nodded and walked closer to her. "I know. I thought he'd be a lawyer or something. And meaner..."

"He was plenty mean, Hummel." She said, but she hesitated. "Seemed clumsier though. And less punctual."

"Mhm. Oh yeah! He has a boyfriend now, and they've actually been dating for a few months." He informed her.

Santana gasped dramatically. "Oh my." She drawled. "Smythe in a committed relationship? Never would've thought."

Kurt shrugged again and checked his phone. "Oh, I have to go meet Blaine for lunch." He looked back up at her. "Are you going to the reunion rehearsal tomorrow?"

"Of course. But if Berry gets more solos than me, I swear to god." She muttered.

Kurt chuckled. "We're making sure you get more solos than her." He winked. "She's gonna be angry, but oh well." He looked at his phone again. "Ah, I have to go now if I don't want to be late. See you soon, Lopez."

Santana nodded. "Looking forward to it, Lady." She smirked at Kurt and walked into Jitters as Kurt rolled his eyes and walked away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry ran into the precinct. Joe gave him a look as Barry walked towards him. 

"Late again, Barr." Joe sighed.

"Sorry, sorry, I ran into someone at Jitters." 

Joe raised his eyebrows and gestured upstairs. "Alright, go get to work."

Barry grinned sheepishly. He was about to turn to go upstairs when he caught someone's eyes. 

The person's eyes widened in recognition. He got up quickly and walked out of the office to Barry. "Sebastian!?"

Barry sighed. "Not again..."

finally posted jfc sorry for the wait

guess who again >:)))

also idk if I should make Hunter mean or nice in this so it's up to you guys :))

<3