Chapter 3

Barry leaned back in his chair at Jitters as Iris talked about her most recent article. He smiled and took a sip of his Iced Flash. Iris leaned forward and grinned as she started to talk about her article on the Flash, because she was still writing about him even after she learned that Barry was the Flash.

He rolled his eyes fondly and crossed one leg over his other. He had invited Iris out for a coffee after he texted Nick, Jeff, and Thad to catch up with them and ask them about the reunion. He just needed to talk to someone about anything, or listen to someone talk. And they haven't been hanging out as much as they had been before.

Iris continued to chat away until she focused on something behind Barry. "Oh. My. Goodness." She whispered.

"What?"

Iris leaned towards him and put a hand up to her forehead. "It's Kurt Hummel! Well, Hummel-Anderson."

Barry tensed and pulled his hood up. "Oh? Really? We should just leave him alone, right? He probably get bothered by fans all the time.."

Iris pouted. "You're no fun, Barr. C'mon just come talk to him with me!"

Barry shook his head. "Nah. I'll stay here, you can go up yourself if you really want to talk to him." He said, waving his drink around a bit.

Iris scoffed and stood up. She walked towards the celebrity with a determined expression. Kurt was looking up at the menu, curiously.

When she reached him, she tapped his shoulder for his attention. "Hi, I'm a big fan of your fashion designs. Your latest collection was absolutely amazing!" She said, smiling widely.

Kurt's lips quirked upwards into a smile and he shook her hand. "Thank you, it's always a pleasure to meet a fan of my work. What's your name?"

"Iris! Iris West." She grinned and pulled her hand away.

"That's a beautiful name." Kurt smiled kindly. "May I ask you a question?"

Iris beamed, "Of course!"

Kurt pointed up at the menu. "Why is one of the drinks called the Flash?" He asked, confused.

Iris laughed. "It's named after our city's hero, Flash. He saved the city multiple times, after the first time he saved us, they named a drink and a day after him." She explained.

Kurt's eyebrows shot up, "A superhero?" He shook his head, chuckling. "Sorry, my husband is more into the superhero stuff."

Iris chuckled at that.

"And who's your friend over there?" Kurt asked, gesturing to Barry, who was trying to hide in his hoodie.

Iris's eyes lit up. "That's my brother. Well, foster brother." She looked to the side a bit then looked back to Barry. "Barry! Come here! Come meet Kurt Hummel!"

Barry slumped in his seat and slowly walked over with his hood still over his eyes and holding his drink.

Iris shook her head fondly. "This is Barry, my foster brother, who should know that it's rude to keep his hood up when talking to new people!"

Barry sighed and pulled his hood back. He looked to his side and sipped his drink which made Iris frown. "Sorry, he's not usually like this." She said, looking back to Kurt.

"Sebastian!? What- What are you doing here!?" Kurt exclaimed, "If you came here hoping to see Blaine again, I swear-"

That made Iris frown more. "What?"

Barry clenched his free fist then shoved it into his hoodie pocket. "What do you mean?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side a bit.

"Don't try to act innocent, Sebastian. I know it's you, how could I not? You're still the same horse-teethed douche from high school." Kurt said, venom clear in his voice.