Too Close A Call

It had been a week and a half since Toy Bonnie had finally woken up, and life was good for most. The toys stayed in the storage room while there was children around, and at night almost everyone came out to have fun. Almost everyone. Ken never left the karaoke room. By day, he would act happy around the kids with his bad Australian accent, but at night be became withdrawn and moody. He wouldn't talk to anyone but the kids and Ally, and he would only do so while acting. No-one could get anything out of him, and so he was left in solitude. The only thing that made him feel better was when one of the children expressed how much they loved him. That little act of unhindered affection was all that kept him from ripping his own batteries out. He was often at the parties, just goofing around with the kids. Today was not an exception. Ken attended a party for a little girl who was turning eight. He slipped out to grab a gift for the girl from the ones in storage. He picked up a box with orange paper around it. He double checked that there was indeed a small stuffed animal version of himself inside, and took the box into the party room. He kneeled down in front of the birthday girl and handed her the box. She squealed as the parents took a picture. The girl took the stuffy out and hugged it. She then proceeded to give Ken a big hug. Once again, a little girl convinced Ken that there was something left for him. He picked up the discarded wrapping paper and took in to storage angry threw in in the big recycling bin. Then he heard something. A voice. "I am coming back, and so will you." Ken shrugged it off, stepping back into the main area. He glanced around. There was a few families sitting around munching pizza, but what got his attention was what was happening in Pirate's Cove. A lone boy who looked way too old to be in a place like this was listening to another of Foxy's stories. But he was also criticizing every scientific fault in his story. Foxy resumed, "And I sped across t' Atlantic in three nights! Just as I-"
"Excuse me sir," the boy said, adjusting his thick glasses, "But it takes five days to cross the Atlantic in modern times at top speed, and you claim your story happened years ago, when that technology wasn't available."
Foxy gave the child a glare, and then continued his story. Ken began to watch, observing Foxy get one sentence out and then have it disproved. At first it was kind of funny, but then Foxy started to act weird whenever the boy spoke up. He would sway back and forth, eyes half closed. Sometimes he would even let his jaw go limp, only to snap it back closed. After this went on awhile, Ken saw Foxy reach into a cut in the fabric on his back. He pulled out a doll. One Ken knew all to well. Ken sprang forward, determined to not let anything happen to the kid. He saw Foxy lunge forward, and everything slowed down. Ken wasn't honing to be able to get to Foxy in time. But he couldn't just let the Marionette destroy everything his friends lived for. In an act of pure desperation, Ken stuck out his hand. Jaws clamped down on his arm. Ken screamed, surprised that he could feel the pain so acutely. Oil started to trickle down from his cuts, and other parents and children started screaming. The kid with the glasses ran out the front door, scared for his life. Foxy wouldn't let go of Ken's arm, and he was starting to lose feeling in his fingers. Ken ripped the sock puppet out of Foxy's hand, and his grip immediately weakened. He pulled away, seeing the holes in Ken's fur. Licking his lips, Foxy could tell exactly what happened. Mr. Marcello ran out and saw the damage to Ken and the oil staining Foxy. He waited until everyone was out, and then he locked up the building, closing down the restaurant for the day. The animatronics were now left wondering wether or not they would be forced to pay a visit to the incinerator.