Chapter 3 : Seperated

He woke up in a cold sweat, he could feel himself panting. He stared at his ceiling, shutting his eyes and letting out a small sigh.

He ran a hand through his hair. The dreams change.

He hated it so much.

Because he was helpless. The dreams seem to restraint him. He can't do so much.

He longed to do more, to allow more. To do what he wanted. Take the stupid mask off.

But he couldn't.

Why couldn't he? He got out of bed, his usual morning headache sinking in. The feeling of his clothes sticking to his sweaty body.

The events of the dream he had fully began to sink in.

How harsh was the world?

As he got in the shower, all the words exchanged last night, began hitting him at full force. He couldn't help the tears that escaped him. Why did that have to happen?

"I'm forgetting you Dream. I don't want forget," they echoed in his mind like a broken record player.

He wasn't weak. But he wasn't strong enough either. He looked at himself in the bathroom mirror. His eyes seemed empty. The usual green colour they were, still as vivid as they normally were but behind them?

Emptiness.

But he's good at putting on a front.

After all, YouTubers aren't just good at the games they play.

"What the fuck is up!" the usual shout came from Sapnap who had burst into his house. Sapnap was carrying bags of unknown items, which he dumped on the kitchen counter.

Sapnap had came without Bad that day, due to Bad meeting up with his own best friend Skeppy "You okay Dream? Still having nightmares huh?" Sapnap asked, his voice softening a little when he saw his friend walk out the toilet looking tired.

Dream sighed. "Bad dreams,"

"Ironic for someone named Dream," Sapnap laughed, Dream rolling his eyes dramatically at the lame humor.

"What's in the bags?" Dream asked, walking up the counter and peering in.

"You know the usual, snacks because we're unhealthy. You wanted to do a recording right? So more chips and shit. Some drinks... oh, and catnip," Sapnap pulled out each item as he named them, sounding very pleased with himself.

Catnip? Dream questioned it inwardly.

"Catnip, for who?" Dream asked.

Sapnap gave him a droll stare. "For your mom. It's for Patches, you dimwit,"

Patches... but Patches wasn't with him.

"Patches? But she's not... she's not here," Dream said, picking up the catnip and opening it.

To his utmost shock, the tabby cat emerged from his recording room. The room that was once George's. George, who just wasn't there.

"Not here, huh?" Sapnap said dryly, watching Patches climb up to the kitchen counter to inspect the catnip in Dream's hand.

Dream watched the cat dig into the cat food with slightly wide eyes. In the last week since his life had changed, he had lost Patches. Since he made that wish.

Patches wasn't home when he returned home from the comet that day. The day he lost George, only to see him in his dreams at night.

But... last night. He had a dream, he found Patches in the field. That dream, his restrictions were less. He could move on his own accord, but he still couldn't take off the mask.