Prologue

TRIGGER WARNING: EXPLICIT VIOLENT CONTENTS ARE MENTIONED IN THIS PROLOGUE. READER DISCRETION ADVISED.

Song: Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift

"Please! Please I swear....I was only--" the middle-aged man implored before he screamed. The walls were not foreign to his pleas, they only echoed them. To the left of the man were overflowing black trash bags and to his right was a wall with photos of random people but mostly of a young woman. He was tied on a wobbly wooden chair in a well-lit room that reeked of vomit, urine, and blood.

The attacker wore a black face mask, sunglasses, a black hoodie, and gloves. They made sure they would be unrecognizable to their unlucky victim with an app that warped their original voice. From their height and build, they could probably be a male...or a female or anything. There was no way to describe the screaming man's attacker, even if he somehow makes it alive after tonight.

"I'm sorry, you were saying?" the assailant asked smoothly as they lifted and examined the bloodied pliers

"I'm sorry, you were saying?" the assailant asked smoothly as they lifted and examined the bloodied pliers. They've been pulling off his fingernails, one by one slowly. The hooded attacker has been asking them a question Jackson doesn't even know the answer to. They dropped the nail of their victim to the side where the others were thrown.

"I was only following protocol!" the victim finished. He sobbed uncontrollably. He didn't understand why? Jackson Brown, head of Daventon University's scholarships being tortured by an unidentifiable assailant. "I didn't do anything wrong!" he wailed.

His attacker snickered. "Are you sure? Maybe I should pull out one more nail from this hand then maybe you'll remember what you did..." Without warning, the attacker tore Jackson's nail from his left ring finger. Jackson howled and cried for help until his throat was raw. No one was coming to save him.

"You. Ruined. Her. Life." the assailant uttered as they began to punch Jackson relentlessly. Blood dripped down Jackson's mouth. He vomited and spat out more blood on his attacker's shoes. His assailant groaned in disgust before giving him one last punch that caused darkness to dance across his vision.

"You took away her scholarship. That's what you did," they uttered. They tore off the remaining nails left on Jackson's hands. Each nail they tore, the louder Jackson screamed. The hooded attacker didn't mind the sound of his screams, in fact, it was like music to their ears just like whenever they hear her laugh.

"I don't know who you're talking about! I didn't ruin anyone's life! Please...please don't kill me." Jackson said for the millionth time. The assailant rolled their eyes. They were getting bored. They knew they should've been more creative with their torturing ideas. Pulling nails from this worthless victim screamed "novice" for a budding serial killer.

It was time for them to do their finishing touches. The attacker added some "exciting" music to get into the mood and increased the volume, drowning the cries of their prey.

"Much better," they said with satisfaction.

They stood behind their victim before slitting their throat, making sure blood dripped down their chest as they sat on the chair dying.

The hooded attacker then knelt to Jackson's eye level. "You are going to be a lovely addition to my portfolio." They informed Jackson as his eyes closed for the last time.

The assailant sighed in disappointment. Torturing their prey only lasted half an hour instead of hours like they planned. How dull. She doesn't deserve dull, no. She deserves more. They untied the rope from Jackson's wrists and dragged the body off the chair. They left it on the floor and turned the body on its back. They took their newly sharpened knife and carved the letter 'A'.

"Now for the limbs...what to do, what to do..." they muttered to themselves. Cracking their neck, a brilliant idea came to mind. They walked towards the wall filled with photos of her and other potential prey. The assailant grazed their gloved fingers on one of the pictures.

They lifted the ax propped against the wall and walked towards the body. They raised the axe above their head and amputated each of Jackson's limbs one by one. The attacker didn't stop until there was so much blood splattered on their sunglasses they could barely see through them.

Once they were done, they wiped the blood off the knife and took off their sunglasses. They were satisfied with the work in front of them. It's a messy side job, but she makes it worth it. She deserves the whole world after what she's been through. And this dead man is a present for her.

Now, it's time to decorate Daventon University with their art. 

Please don't forget to share, like, and comment! <3