3. An Obsessive Hobby

Song: Control by Halsey 

Amaya and Carter didn't need to stay up the whole night

Amaya and Carter didn't need to stay up the whole night. Luckily for her, Carter was a business major, meaning that he has connections in the drug environment of Daventon University. He's familiar with how much a 20mg is sold from different dealers and he also found ways to make our pilot transactions smooth and undetected. It was a huge risk for both of them and Amaya was well aware.

They created a joint Snapchat account to handle transactions and other types of communication. Almost everything was set up except for one thing; buyers. How are they going to spread the word to buyers that Amaya Song and Carter Reid are dealing with? Obviously, they wouldn't want any of this tracing back to them because there will always be snitches in Daventon University.

That was another problem for tomorrow, Amaya thought. She's been trying to sleep for the past two hours. Carter offered her his bed since he was aware of her insomnia. He was sleeping on the lumpy uncomfortable couch outside and Amaya felt bad. He should be the one sleeping on his own bed since she couldn't even go to sleep.

She was worried about the serial killer on the loose even if she wished a part of her believed that there's a low chance she would encounter one. They have been carving the letter 'A' on their victim's bodies. Paranoia ran down her spine because her own name starts with the letter 'A'.

Amaya went on her phone and quickly searched up the names of the victim's bodies found on campus. It was weird. None of their names began with an 'A'. She typed 'Daventon University deaths' on the search bar. The name of the unidentified victim was Jackson Brown. There was little to none in common between all of them except for the fact they're either a student or a faculty member in Daventon University.

The serial killer was targeting individuals connected to Daventon University, but how do they choose their victims? The press and police don't even know the gender, height, or any physical feature that can give the public more information on what this killer looked like.

Her anxiety was acting up again. Thoughts of her being the next victim swam in her head, refusing to stay away. She groaned as her heart began to beat abnormally fast. It's no secret that she's as scared and clueless as the other students on campus. However, her fear was a hundred times heightened than a normal human being. Maybe taking one Xanax pill doesn't sound so bad after all.

It must be the two frappuccinos I drank earlier, she thought. It could be. She continued looking through the web for more information on the serial killer in Luna Del Sur, California. The graphic images she encountered made her sick and want to throw up.

Whoever this killer was so fucked up that one of their victims was beheaded, their head stitched to the other victim's body, and was hung on the tree in the center of the student quad. The remains of their bodies have not been found yet and detectives presumed that the motive behind these murders was a killer that was playing a game with the authorities.